The Autobiography badge is awarded multiple times

Everytime I edit the location and my about for my profile here on the developer forum I keep getting the stupid “Autobiography” badge, despite already having it!

You can’t even earn it multiple times yet it keeps giving me the notification that I just got it.

(I know it’s not the end of the world but just kind of annoying?)

5 Likes

I tried it myself and it doesn’t reproduce for me. Was this the first time ever you updated your bio?

5 Likes

Well, if you know me then you know this is NOT my first time update my bio, I update it usually 2 or 5 times a week and every time I update both simultaneously there is a chance for the badge to come up again. And that’s odd you can’t replicate it? Maybe it’s me only.

2 Likes

I think you need to spend a certain time for it to work? Like maybe 10 minutes or so just editing your profile.

3 Likes

The badge doesn’t actually award multiple times.

Looking at your badges, you’ve only received it once (point taken that the award date seems to be the most recent time you updated your profile + you are probably also getting a notification for it)

2 Likes

I have said that. Basically, the badge notifications pops up everytime but the badge, yes it isn’t really awarded but the notification counts.

1 Like