The Creations Tab’s Models and Clothing Doesn’t Respect Hidden Inventories

As you all know, you have the option to make your inventory private. While that’s great and all, users can still view your most recent models by going to your profile, clicking the Creations tab, and looking right under the Models section. The purpose of enabling a user to make their inventory private, is for it not to be seen by others, including your most recent assets.

32 Likes

It frustrates me that I can’t hide the clothing tab or the models tab. The things I have there is not intended to be publicly displayed and it makes me as a developer look bad. This should be corrected asap.

13 Likes

Bumping this post as there still is no update regarding the inconsistency:

8 Likes

Frustrates me a great deal. I would love to ensure that people could not see my recent models because I use a great deal of module scripts on collaborative games I don’t wish other people to have.

7 Likes

My way of combating this recently is just to use local files. It’s very disappointing that Roblox hasn’t addressed this issue making it look as if it’s intended.

5 Likes

It is just a slight hassle with local files, since you’d have to save them to some cloud storage if you want to access anywhere. In addition, just organization in general with the benefit of uploading to Roblox giving a nice image preview of the model. I get this is low priority, but hopefully it’s fixed soon.

5 Likes

I’ve never actually used local files before.Are they a good substitute for module scripts?

this is still a thing and a VERY annoying thing. It shows old crappy models you have made years ago or modules you use with all of your games that you are trying to hide so they aren’t stolen.

2 Likes

Now especially with plugins like BTRoblox, you can click on a model from someone’s inventory and easily download it, please address this issue immediately as this effects the security of other peoples work and models.

2 Likes

You can make the model private (not Free) to resolve that.

3 Likes

You are missing the point, this is breaching the privacy of private inventories.

1 Like

I’m not missing any point, I’m telling you how to resolve the download issue. I’m not dismissing the rest of this topic as not a bug.

3 Likes

This is still an issue. I host modules on an alt but if people find that alt they could steal game assets
WORK AROUND:
Make a bunch of random free models that say Private Inventory so when people try and view every private asset and other modules they are blocked by the private inventory page

That’s not very efficient because every time I’d want to upload an actual model, I’d have to create another bunch of models named “Private Inventory” to hide it. My inventory would be full of blank models and hinder my workflow which is double the problem. Fixing problems with Band-Aids is the worst way to go especially in a production environment.

Why would you need to host modules on an alt? And why would you make them free if you don’t want them stolen?

I understand the clothing part, but why modules/models?

2 Likes

I host a few random modules on an alt which doesn’t mean I want to hide them COMPLETELY.
Also, If I uploaded all of my meshes and things to my alt, why shouldn’t I do modules?
I just want to prevent people from going to my meshes and take my things.

Extremely simple workaround:

Take a model you don’t care about (or want people to take from you) and hit Add to Profile.

Do this for 6 models to fill up all the slots. And you’re done.

(The same can be done for Clothing)

12 Likes

That doesn’t make sense… if the module is not set as a free model, all people can see is the name of it.

If the module is not a free model, the games on his main cannot require() it.

1 Like

This is frustrating, and still happens today. Some guy bumped so, this is extremely annoying as I am a scripter and use modules a lot. I don’t want them getting stolen by some guy who wants to trade it for some stupid thing.
This also happens with audios, decals, videos (bruh), meshes, and plugins.

3 Likes