The right kind of lighting?

I will be simple and clear, I want you to recommend good lighting or if it is good,
(The lighting that you are seeing in the images contains, Fog effect, Settings in the water, PointLight in the lights of the ship and adjustments in the Sun and Moon
Accept suggestions
Thanks for Reading
- murjarquitecto

7 Likes

Is this using Future Is Bright 3?
Maybe add some sun rays, some color correction with brightness set to .1? Maybe add a depth of field affect but make it very minor.
Other than that, the lighting looks really nice!

1 Like

Nice suggestions and thanks for the settings
(Also yes, is Future Bright 3)

1 Like

1 Like

In my opinion, it looks very spectacular. From the pictures it looks like you are already using roblox’s new lighting features very well to give your map a really nice appeal. The images set at nighttime look perfect in my opinion, but I would personally up the brightness just a tad, either by a ColorCorrection effect, or the Lighting object directly, during the day. Also, this is not really a lighting thing, but I always picture the water being a little more of an ocean blue color in a snowy, arctic scene, as in this photograph below. Just a smidge more of blue would be nice to see.

That honestly looks amazing though so far!
Keep up the great work!

4 Likes

The lighting used in the scene looks interesting and good it really depends on your overall preference, I would dim down the fog a bit since what I’m assuming it’s is going to take the realistic feel away if your more going for an arctic feel try playing around with Colorshift_Top and Outdoor_Ambient to get an overall good sun appearance.

There is no right away to set up lighting or finding a good lighting source it just comes down to what you like try to experiment until you get decent lighting that makes your scene pop to make it clear experiment instill you find a perfect atmosphere!

Adding different effects could improve the quality however it looks good try choosing brighter colors to capture a more of a arctic feel.

2 Likes