TheGuyThatScripts | Bad Builder, Logo Creator, Programmer

I’m curious as to why “Bad Builder” is how you marketed yourself.

I respect the act of humbleness, but this practice is negative towards your business, even if you believe to be a “Bad Builder”.

3 Likes

I’ve been told that my building could improve, but honestly I’ve never had any interest in building. I focus on Programming and logo design is something that I am okay at.

• I should continue building.
  • I should give up.

0 voters

Yeah the “bad builder” tittle you gave yourself is gonna throw some people off. Your builds aren’t horrible and it definitely shows how you put work into them, but I recommend you sharpen up your skills a bit more before starting up commissions. The logos you presented, as well, do look a bit generic and plain, and you should probably program something which showcases your ability instead of offering simple commands. Again, just sharpen up your skills a bit and people will be more invested in your services.

1 Like

As I stated I’m not trying to get people to commission me for a build just I am in the need of extra funding for my project called “The Roblox” so I am doing whatever I can to get that funding. I’m trying to have people focused on my other talents so they don’t get sad when they see a low-quality build.

New Service!!

I am changing Logo Creating to Image Creation because I am now also making backgrounds. a new one that I did is this: Background

Please don’t judge because I’m new to this.

Now you can view my latest art here: Portfolio Update Log (Art & Image Creation)

No offense but for your builds, programming, and especially logos you should be looking for experience and not pay.

9 Likes

You need examples of programming.

Okay, so how Firescroll said…
You need to provide more examples of programming, the thing you provided is fairly simple, and you’re charging 12k for scripting, which means you need to show what can you do, not just simple math and if statements, you need to show some systems you made, etc.
And if you are new to making logos, you shouldn’t sell them, just gather experience and you will do better.
I don’t wanna sound rude, just saying my opinion.

1 Like

I believe you actually need experience rather than jumping into commissions because

Scripting

You actually don’t show much skills with scripting. It just looks like you watched a tutorial on how to script and then just put it there.
Your coding is quite basic. You don’t show how you would implement it into a game nor do you show your ability in using services like tweening. Furthermore, I don’t see anything like cframe, vector 3 etc. I’d suggest either updating your scripting with more examples or just remove it.

Building

Your building isn’t too bad. However, it’s quite old style. Not many people are looking for that style. I suggest spending more times on builds and modernising them. Look at other people’s portfolio for inspiration.

Logos

Your logos are very basic. I would improve it a lot more.

4 Likes

Builds
Your builds aren’t bad, but they sorta fall into the style of basic and old Roblox, like the 2013-2015 range. However, this limits your commissions to those wanting those nostalgic feelings, which isn’t much of the building market. However, since you’re not really looking for commissions here compared to your others, those photos can actually help show your progression building-wise, as you mature in skill.
Logos & Backgrounds
Your logos & backgrounds could be much improved. I don’t know what program you’re using, but if it’s something like Microsoft Paint, look for another program, as it’s very difficult to create something intricate in Paint. Don’t focus on commissioning your logo work, as they’re basic, and again, bring a feel of Old Roblox.
Scripting
Usually, when you try to show examples, you don’t want to write code, but rather, show it’s result, like a GIF of something. It’ll help show what you’ve done. You can also link games that show your scripting knowledge, too.

As I already stated, I am new to Roblox scripting. I can script other things for communities such as advanced moderation discord bots.

I’d state that and show evidence, so more people can consider that area of your experience.

Tomorrow morning I’ll be able to program some Discord Webhooks I guess and maybe something with the Trello API. Any ideas? I’m also going to work on a showcase of my scripting and building now.

Do what fits you. I’ve no experience in Discord or Trello API, so show off your skills!

Alright. Thanks for the feedback as well!

1 Like

What is your discord by chance?

I like to keep my Discord private so I’ll DM you it.

If you haven’t made one before, how do you know how to make one?

I do know about how Roblox’s HTTP Service works although I didn’t state the code for it because it would be pretty boring if you didn’t know what was happening in the Discord Server