This feature...how is this possible? And how was it done...?

What AM I attempting to achieve? I am looking for a possible explanation for this as I am completely baffled. I’m a complete noob when it comes to almost anything on Roblox besides building. Also I feel like this is essential because it’s a great feature and I’m working on an open-world survival game but very curious as well…

What is the issue? Hello. I’m pretty sure almost all of us has a passion for exploring Roblox games for their creativity or constantly keep up-to-date with developer-related to see what new feature Roblox has implemented, or for some…maybe the cool creations posted using the #RobloxDev hashtag on Twitter? I came across this feature and I am wondering how was it most-likely done?

*** What solutions have I tried so far?** I searched the Roblox-wiki. I brought it up to a few experienced developers on my Discord server who are anything but builders and got nothing. So I figure I’d ask here at the very most.

Here is it:

(The plants move when I walk through them. The plants in the 2nd video with the storm were moving radically because a player ran through them right before I started capturing)

Thank you.

6 Likes

I’d say it was most likely coded to move in that manner, especially because you said that the bush was reacting to player movement. The best option would be to get in contact with anyone who’s skilled in manipulating physics in the game. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is most likely made by the game developers and I doubt you’ll find answers here, the best thing to do is try and reach out or hire a scripter who can utilize Roblox Physics!

2 Likes

Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

Hello. Just want to update everyone that I found this model while lurking free-models:

https://www.roblox.com/library/2657846622/Constraint-Grass

It does the same thing as shown in the video --just not as smooth. It’s pretty cool. I plan to experiment with it.

1 Like