Feedback no longer needed

old post feedback no longer needed

5 Likes

It looks really good, I would add some stuff inside the house and. The outside I just think there is a little to much windows, but all for know the house looks really. Good just Make sure to add some details, inside and never give up building…

3 Likes

Thank you, I was planning on moving/removing windows and adding detail to the windows and doors. I appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

Do you have a reference image, a build style in mind, and a genre of house? It’s hard to give feedback on something so simplistic without understanding of what you’re going for stylistically.

Example

Here’s an example of the information I’m looking for using an image I found on Google. Not my build.
Ref Image -

Style: Medium - detail realism
Genre: Modern home

https://images.app.goo.gl/XMJjDP92Khu88q4u7 this isn’t the exact image but it is similar to the reference image I used

2 Likes

How closely do you want to match the reference image? Low detail (Important details and general structure), medium or high (Close to indistinguishable in detail)?

The details aren’t final so for now low detail this post will be updated in the future.

1 Like

Alright. Well, you’re going to want to start by matching the shape. I know you said you’re using an image slightly different than the one you gave me but I’m just going to work off of the image you supplied.

My basic process. The first few steps you already seem to have down, so excuse me for rushing through them.

Shape

Using 4 parts (Multicolored for visual understanding) I plotted the basic shape of the structure.

Hollowing it out

I then used each part to make walls and floors in the place of the large blocks to create a roofless interior.

Detailing

modern_1-475x475
Even when building low-detail, it’s important to include enough for people to distinguish the build and understand what it is. Notice how, despite the bad proportions MY BAD you can still sort of tell what I’m going for here with how the windows are pronounced and add a slight amount of depth, how the framing between the windows is shown in the build, etcetra. Your build is VERY low detail to the point where I can’t distinguish it between a house or a bunch of shapes.

Voila There’s obviously a lot more to be done here, including coloring, materials, or texturing, installing a roof, adding furniture, an exterior, or finishing the rest of the walls, but I think that from where you are right now, building to add a little bit more detail including window/door frames, a base/foundation, making those windows thinner,etcetra etcetra (for some ideas on parts to add, it’s a little technical but it’s got a ton of things you don’t frequently think about when it comes to visual house parts)

Good work so far, however there is much to improve and much to add. I hope this helped, feel free to ask for any clarification you need :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks this was really helpful!

1 Like

I like the low poly style. Reminds me of 2012…

2 Likes

You could make the windows look better by unioning them or just placing one whole part. You may also want to consider adding a gutter or not making the roof just cut off when it reaches the wall, probably by adding a patio or an extension of the front entrance.

1 Like

Some thoughts:

The house has no eaves. Extend the roof approx 2-4 studs past the walls. Modernist homes that have sloping roof lines tend to have large eaves. Some flat-roofed ones also have large eaves, but not all.

I noticed in the first picture that you’re bolting lights directly to the roof blocks.It looks like you have no ceiling. Could reconstruct the roof to be hollow as you could easily fit a second floor in there. At the very least I would put a seperate ceiling block.

There’s a distinct lack of windows in the rear while the front is full of them. It’s unbalanced. I recommend putting windows in the rear and putting curtains/blinds over them if you don’t want people looking through them.

Making the windows thinner so there is a window sill would be a massive improvement. The walls are very flat and lack any depth at all.

Window color leaves something to be desired, but im not sure what palette you’re working with. Very aquamarine.

1 Like

Hello, @LolGamer1982! How is your day going?

I would like to add one more thing, make sure to add some shading, did you make this in Studio or Blender? If you made it in studio, you can easily add shading.

As someone probably already mentioned here (I’m too lazy to check), the walls seem too flat. Add some more depth to the walls and make the windows a little less thick, so that it’s not in the same level as the wall. Also, you could add a garden and some trees and overall just improve what is around the house. Good work so far!

Thanks for the feedback! :grinning:

Potentially make the windows into a union so that the lines you have from separate parts aren’t showing.

1 Like

Honestly, this could use a lot of improvement. Some things I’d suggest is:

1. Making the windows darker
  2. Adding textures to the roof and walls
  3. An actual door