Thoughts on my map so far

Greetings everyone. So a few friends (@Aar_xn) and I have made a start on a fictional group of islands called the Dansbury Islands. At the moment we have almost finished the state park which features a Ranger Station, Firewatch tower, small Aerodrome and some other small features.

The park is a small part of the main island, and we are hoping to have a township, farms, trailer parks etc. Could I please have some feedback on the map so far? I really want this to be something I can be proud of so I need as much advice and feedback as I can get.

Here are some photos of what we have so far:

Park Ranger Station featuring a fire awareness sign

State Park with a landslide

Above: Dansbury Aerodrome

I look forward to hearing your feedback.
Thanks

More information can be found on our Twitter @dansburyislands

24 Likes

Looks great! Love the environment, especially the detail on the park ranger station and the surrounding area.
Very good for an early development phase, can’t wait to see new updates added to the map.

3 Likes

I’m just very wary with lag from adding more trees

2 Likes

Very good, keep up the good work!

I look foward to seeing such progress continuing.

2 Likes

It looks awesome! I can’t wait to see the final product!

2 Likes

What a stunning map. This had me in shock, just wow.
I was looking at other replies mentioning that the forest is barren/bland and how you couldn’t add more trees, because it would make the game laggy. In addition to this comment, maybe adding grass meshes in a variety form can really help make the area less barren. I thought of other ways to help with this, but this seemed to be the best choice in my opinion.

Besides that, great job.

3 Likes

Looks realistic and wonder, can’t wait for it to release. Like Shiny_Seekah said, the map looks a bit open. As opposed to adding more trees in fear of lag, perhaps adding more dynamic (significantly raised) hills and/or dirt paths for trails, off-roading, and parking?

2 Likes

Looks great, keep up the work my man

2 Likes

This looks really good, with some details to fill in the empty space along with, maybe, some more buildings this would really come together, great work keep it up!

2 Likes

Thoughts on keeping this island more rural looking, having less habitual areas for people and keeping it more of a national park theme, ideas of adding more buildings would ruin the theme, thanks for the suggestion though! Will work on making it look more dense

1 Like

Yeah I understand that, good luck!

Your map you guys have made looks really nice. I like the details and the vegetation added in different places of your map. The (Park Ranger Station) i like the variety added around the environment, it really gives it that feel to the place however i feel like you should! Add some more vegetation around the open spaces such as grass, and bushes around the different parts of the to make it look more better. However depending on what of environment your trying, to make i do believe there could be more trees to fill in the empty. Spaces but i see you don’t want to add more trees since it’s gonna cause lag. Dansbury Aerodromebut if you don’t plan on adding trees i feel like there could be more variety around the (Dansbury Aerodrome) area like grass, bushes, logs, hay, pathway, ect. Those could be around the aerodrome and along the fences, overall i see you added one hay bale against the fence you could try. Either adding some logs and grass along the area just to give it a more feel to it so, it won’t look a bit to empty those are just some decorations!

You could try adding around that area however the decorations and vegetation. You added around the station is very detailed i like the trees, surrounding the whole station to make it look like those real life stations called (Talkeetna Ranger Station) you have the same decorations. And details this real life building haves but. It seems your making it a bit more different then the one in real life however with the bits of vegetation details! I listed above i know that area would look more, better and improved if your afraid to add more. Trees i highly suggest you either add some hay, logs and other details along the fences and area so it could look more better. Anyways you! Have a wonderful creation like all the details. I hope to see the final update of it very soon.

Overall, i think you have done a amazing job on your (Dansbury Islands) And the details and design you added to the different areas of your map. Looks very impressive because it seems like your making the real life “Stations” that are around, different parts of the world but it just doesn’t hold the details you added around the map! Just the building looks like the talkeetna station that’s in real life surrounded by trees, and other different kind of vegetation. And it looks like you included a bunch of decorations around, the different parts of your map. Hope to see what else you plan on adding in the other parts of your map! I see your going to include the final details such as the township, farms, trailer parks etc. Overall i can’t wait to see what your map looks like when those details get added overall, great job! On your map creation!

2 Likes

Good effort seems to be put into this so I think it’s really good!

1 Like