[TIPS] Reducing lag: Updated

Don’t use unions to reduce part count!

When I first discovered that unions were a thing I union parts together thinking it would magically reduce the lag within the game, oh boy I was wrong… There are many ways to reduce the lag within a game especially for high brick count builds.

You can reduce part count using meshing or even as simple as using teleports to spread out the parts allowing the game to render alot easier, this is because its a lot harder to render a large amount of parts in one direct place: therefor spreading everything out using teleports help.

For example I was working with a fellow builder to make Skilled Force’s city and we didn’t expect to use over 130k parts, so we came up with two solutions to either have the border its self in a different game to the city or to have it a fair bit distance from the city, this is the same for other small builds of around 10k parts like the prison. We decided to go ahead and use TPs to spread out the builds which funny enough made 130k lag a lot less :slight_smile:

I hope you find this useful, have a good day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This shouldn’t be in Development Support

Stop posting building advice here. Post it in the tutorials section instead: https://devforum.roblox.com/c/tutorials

I cant post there idk why