Tips When making a Roblox Game

Hi, Guys, I’m th31tru3kn1ght (the1trueknight). This is my first ever post in the Roblox Developer Forum. I hope that we can as Developers grow as a Community and make more for Online Players to enjoy our creations!

So Today I would like to give you Beginners Tips when making a Roblox Game!

1. Learn the basics of Roblox Studio

*So for this Basic Tip before making a game You need to learn how you can use Roblox Studio. Play around with the Controls find out what they do! If you don’t know how to properly use it or you are confused. Check out this Video: - YouTube

1. Use Plugins

Plugins are a MUST USE when making a game. They are super useful when making a game and will make it much easier to do either building, giving free GUI, etc. I suggest you use these Plugins:

1. https://www.roblox.com/library/144950355/Building-Tools-by-F3X-Plugin

2.https://www.roblox.com/library/1496745047/AutoScale-Lite?Category=Plugins&SortType=Relevance&SortAggregation=AllTime&CreatorId=0&Page=2&Position=26&SearchId=5e731916-62b8-447d-a14a-fc89027001b3

3.https://www.roblox.com/library/261634767/Part-to-Terrain?Category=Plugins&SortType=Relevance&SortAggregation=AllTime&CreatorId=0&Page=2&Position=14&SearchId=5e731916-62b8-447d-a14a-fc89027001b3

4.https://www.roblox.com/library/2233768483/Roundify
( The fourth Plugins makes your GUI very professional!)

This is all the Plugins Ill be showing to you for now

1. Learn to script

Scripting is something you must learn when making a game. Scripting is what gives a role to one specific thing like a GUI, a prat, etc. If you don’t know How to script then try Checking these out:

1.Roblox How To Code - How To Script On Roblox - Episode 1 - YouTube
(The video above has a series of How to script so I suggest you watch the video scripting series)
2.Scripting Basics - Beginner guide to lua and Roblox

1. Don’t copy games based on Popularity
    When making a game please don’t copy games this is something common that has been going around Roblox for a very long time. Here is what happens:
  • You will get a Copyright strike

• A waste of your time

• People will call you out on it

• Their is a chance you’ll get sued for it

So Yeah these are my Tips when making a Roblox Game.

Was this useful? Should I make another one or Should I make another Topic about Plugins you should use in your game?

:point_down:Comment Down :point_down:

3 Likes

Tips Since This Is Your First Topic:

This may be a bit difficult to read for many people as the formatting is a bit off.

Make the 5., 6., 7., and 8. bullet points so it isn’t continuing the original list.

You could do this instead:

F3X

Then click image and link ‘F3X’ to the plugin link.

Besides these minor issues, these are good tips for beginning game developers looking to make a game!

1 Like

Oh Ill try doing that next time.

Thank you for Telling me that This is my first time doing my topic ill get used to doing these stuff

@Th31tru3kn1ght Actually, I just realized – your Roundify and F3X links lead to scam plugins!

1 Like

How so cause I use these plugins. You sure these are scam Plugin if so Told me how

I do not believe that F3X was make by ‘Excellent_Plugins’,

nor that Roundify was made by ‘Plugins & Models’.
Screenshot 2021-01-01 203104

I found the REAL roundify devforum post, and it was made by Stelrex.

5 Likes

Ill need to try checking those out then. Do you have the actual Plugins if so send me a link to them.

I probably used the wrong links then by accident ill fix these as soon as i can.

F3X:

Roundify:

oh ok I have that Plugin is that I used the wrong link of plugin when searching in Library Haha My bad :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Isn’t roundify obsolete now that they added UICorner objects?

1 Like

Yeah, it pretty much is but people nowadays still use it. I personally don’t anymore.

Ok, I fixed the links now Thank you @R0bl0x10501050 for correcting me. I’ll do my Best to try better next time

1 Like

I never really liked it in the first place because instead of making use of 9-slicing and sprite sheets, it would split up a frame into a bunch of different image labels. It seemed like it would negatively impact the performance of UI in games

(I don’t know if that has since changed)

True, but at the time when I used it, I was a pretty novice developer so I went with the easy tools.

Im sorry to say this but cant they use UiCorner but
overall this is a great tip for devs :slight_smile:

Yeah sure they can use it I can just put that their instead Roundify I heard its been acting weird for some people but for me I have no problem using it.

1 Like

Mind sending me a Link the UICorner the official one because i sent a link on the topic I just made and It was a scamming Plugin i used by accident or if that is a actual Plugin to use.

no i mean this this is what i mean’t

UICorner isn’t a Plugin, its an official Roblox UI element