TopbarPlus v2 | Construct intuitive topbar icons

Good spot thanks! I’ve opened up a ticket and will have it fixed for the next update:

2 Likes

Hey, Is there a setting wheel icon? I really need one for my game atm. Cant find any good ones lol
(image label, asset id, website id)

1 Like

I love the TopbarPlus system. It is very useful. Just one question: how come when I add the :convertLabelToNumberSpinner(), it will no longer allow me to have an image on that same icon anymore?

1 Like
2 Likes

Image + spinners aren’t currently supported together although we can consider support for this for the next update if it’s something you need.

2 Likes

For those interested in switching to the Deferred Signal Behaviour TopbarPlus is now compatible:

@TheKiingOfMuffins The :setTip and :setCaption nil bug should also be fixed now :+1:

5 Likes

I’m having a weird bug with the icons. they work all good but when a player reset/respawn it adds a duplicate of all the icons and starts filling the topbar with the same icons. How can I fix that?
screenshot1

1 Like

Icons have to be constructed within StarterPlayerScripts or a GUI with ResetOnSpawn set to false

2 Likes

I didn’t notice I accidentally put it on StarterCharacterScripts.

1 Like

Hello @ForeverHD , I want to know if its necessary give u credits.

1 Like

Credit back to this thread is greatly appreciated, anywhere convenient’s fine.

4 Likes

Is there a way that when you press the Shop button it will make the GUI come out from the side, since I don’t want to try messing with what I have already…

Like this?

1 Like

Like so the Shop GUI (Not button) tweens out from the side smoothly, instead of just going from not being visible to being visible.

Something like this:

You can use icon events and tween service to achieve this:

icon.deselected:Connect(function()
    -- tween shop out
end)

icon.selected:Connect(function()
    -- tween shop in
end)
1 Like

Is there a way to force toggle** it off?

I tried doing

icon:setEnabled(false)
icon:setEnabled(true)

to force it to stop being highlighted white, but it just disables and reenables while keeping the white highlight.

**toggle meaning make it stop being highlighted

Solved by @miguelrioja777, thank you.

1 Like

Try using:

icon:deselect()

If u want to lock u can use:

icon:lock()

And for unlock:

icon:unlock()
1 Like

You can achieve this now with the latest release:

Simply do…

IconController.mimicCoreGui = false

…followed by:

game:GetService("StarterGui"):SetCore("TopbarEnabled", false)

I recommend updating to the latest version as it also accounts for Console (controller) and Mobile devices.

2 Likes

does this also support input fields for text or numbers?

1 Like

Input fields as in a TextBox? Not currently. What’s your use case?

1 Like