[v3!] TopbarPlus v3.0.0 | Construct intuitive topbar icons; customise them with themes, dropdowns, captions, labels and much more

Good spot thanks! I’ve opened up a ticket and will have it fixed for the next update:

2 Likes

Hey, Is there a setting wheel icon? I really need one for my game atm. Cant find any good ones lol
(image label, asset id, website id)

1 Like

I love the TopbarPlus system. It is very useful. Just one question: how come when I add the :convertLabelToNumberSpinner(), it will no longer allow me to have an image on that same icon anymore?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Image + spinners aren’t currently supported together although we can consider support for this for the next update if it’s something you need.

2 Likes

For those interested in switching to the Deferred Signal Behaviour TopbarPlus is now compatible:

@TheKiingOfMuffins The :setTip and :setCaption nil bug should also be fixed now :+1:

5 Likes

I’m having a weird bug with the icons. they work all good but when a player reset/respawn it adds a duplicate of all the icons and starts filling the topbar with the same icons. How can I fix that?
screenshot1

2 Likes

Icons have to be constructed within StarterPlayerScripts or a GUI with ResetOnSpawn set to false

1 Like

I didn’t notice I accidentally put it on StarterCharacterScripts.

Hello @ForeverHD , I want to know if its necessary give u credits.

Credit back to this thread is greatly appreciated, anywhere convenient’s fine.

3 Likes

Is there a way that when you press the Shop button it will make the GUI come out from the side, since I don’t want to try messing with what I have already…

Like this?

Like so the Shop GUI (Not button) tweens out from the side smoothly, instead of just going from not being visible to being visible.

Something like this:

1 Like

You can use icon events and tween service to achieve this:

icon.deselected:Connect(function()
    -- tween shop out
end)

icon.selected:Connect(function()
    -- tween shop in
end)

Is there a way to force toggle** it off?

I tried doing

icon:setEnabled(false)
icon:setEnabled(true)

to force it to stop being highlighted white, but it just disables and reenables while keeping the white highlight.

**toggle meaning make it stop being highlighted

Solved by @miguelrioja777, thank you.

Try using:

icon:deselect()

If u want to lock u can use:

icon:lock()

And for unlock:

icon:unlock()
1 Like

You can achieve this now with the latest release:

Simply do…

IconController.mimicCoreGui = false

…followed by:

game:GetService("StarterGui"):SetCore("TopbarEnabled", false)

I recommend updating to the latest version as it also accounts for Console (controller) and Mobile devices.

2 Likes

does this also support input fields for text or numbers?

Input fields as in a TextBox? Not currently. What’s your use case?