[v3!] TopbarPlus v3.0.0 | Construct intuitive topbar icons; customise them with themes, dropdowns, captions, labels and much more

The variables for the Icon aren’t needed if it is in a chain. (If the function being called is chainable, you can see chainable functions in the documentation)

1 Like

Is there a way to transform the menudropdown TextButton into a TextBox?

I want player to be able to click the menu button, and it will dropdown a textbox for you to enter text.

EDIT: I just cloned the template for the Icons and created my own custom input :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you’re still looking for the help with that I’ve created a coded solution here:

We’ll have this officially supported with a simple method for the next update:

icon:convertLabelToTextBox()
1 Like

I have some things to say what fails me number 1 when I try to make a topbar no longer lets me miss a photo here

number 2 when someone restarts the topbar will no longer open
help

here is the game for someone to try it and help me with something

is there a modal property like:
GuiButton.Modal (roblox.com)

Edit: oh nvm I solved by icon:getInstance()

I think if I have not done it but to try if you can

Show me the output error if you can

Is there a way I can change the color of the icon without selecting/toggling it? Unsure if setProperty has this power

Hi there, you can achieve this with icon:set(settingName, value) or themes. More info here:

The settingName you’d want to modify is iconBackgroundColor.

1 Like

Tell me how do I bindToggleKey() by using ContextActionService and not UserInputService

What do you wish to achieve from this? Topbarplus performs additional checks within its UserInputService connections making it synonymous to ContextActionService.

How would you do the music label at the top?

And if you were to click on the shop button, are you able to add tweening to the opening and closing of the Shop UI? If so, where would you put that script?

Yes, you can toggle the gui with this:

local playergui = playerservice.LocalPlayer.PlayerGui
local gui = playergui:WaitForChild("ShopGui")

icon.deselected:Connect(function()
	gui.Frame.Visible = false
end)

icon.selected:Connect(function()
	gui.Frame.Visible = true
end)

You can also add Tweens if you want

I got it! Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like

someone knows how I do this I try and it doesn’t come out if it comes out but the Gui locks

You can find the coded example under StarterPlayerScripts at the Playground:

That specific icon is called ‘shopIcon’ and uses bindToggleItem to open/close the GUI.

something to do

name gui ??? where I put the configuration