Toy Train Turning Onto Itself

I am attempting to make a toy train that players can ride. Whenever I try driving the vehicle, it turns in on itself and goes all funky.

I’m holding down W the whole time, and this is what happens:

The train was working completely fine originally, and all the carts looked like the last one. But when I added detail to the first two carts, the problem arose. I tried looking around the DevForum but to no avail, as pretty much nobody was making trains like this.

alr m8 i think u dont understand how we magically gonna fix it without you giving us nothing but we require the script and the model properties

I forgot to put that in the post lol, oops.

Here’s the model:
toytrain.rbxm (152.6 KB)

can you include the script? please

Wait but can’t you just get the scripts from the model or are they not in there?

no one will “download” a model okay? if you want your problem to be solved then you need to paste the code snippet use models only if their is a link between many scripts but i am sure that its just 1 script.

well yes, there are multiple scripts lol — that’s why I was hesitant about copying it all into a reply.
as this is my first post on the dev forum, expect me not to know the etiquette.

ohhh then say that alright ill examine the model and tell ya asap.

sorry haha, thank you for your quick responses and for helping me learn devforum etiquette

np and sorry if I was rude in the first post i kind of regret it now… haha anyways your using body gyros in your code with arent the best method of making cars ish but hey who am I to judge. Ill try finding the problem.

AHA FOUND THE PROBLEM! so the problem is with the other 2 carts they add drag to the main cart making it go and funky wonky my idea is make the wheels make it go forward using motors instead of body gyros and thrust + the wheel idea is also quite realistic.

since it’s late here and i want sleep, I’ll try your idea as soon as i wake up.
thank you very much for the help!

1 Like