[TRGD] Handbook

Welcome to The ROBLOX Game Developers! We are a decently big group with a great variety of roblox developers in all sorts of abilities/professions. Feel free to take some time to read the guide/handbook for information (including some tips to get ranks):

First off, we ask that you please do not just message the CEO/Co-CEO/CEO Adviser with messages such as β€œplz promote me, im a builder”. We are definitely interested in seeing that you are a legitimate&original Builder or Scripter or Graphic Design Artist. There are 3 sections here: rules/guidelines for ranks, how to get ranked, and Q&A/information.

==π’π„π‚π“πˆπŽπ 𝐈: 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒/π†π”πˆπƒπ„π‹πˆππ„π’==
[[For Builder]]…
β€’ Build a place with little-to-none free models (remember: staying original is a key to becoming original and successful). Also, you may use the basic official ROBLOX models (such as spawns or ROBLOX-made models; with some exceptions of the ROBLOX-endorsed models)

β€’ Should look like a place that had time & effort put into it. But it shouldn’t be overloaded with bricks to the point where it’s laggy. Remember, we aren’t looking for something necessarily TOO complicated/high-level. Though as a developer tip, you might not want to make it too simple (nor too blank/incomplete). We recommend that you show us places that

β€’ Scripts are allowed, but if you are applying to be Builder (even though the Builder/Scripter ranks are merged) - remember that you are trying to excel at building more than scripting, so you don’t have to stress out about the scripting.

β€’ You may use dynamic lighting and shadows. The use of Outlines is optional, we aren’t limiting stuff like that - you can make any type of place.

β€’ Terrain is allowed but it’s recommended that it shouldn’t be completely terrain nor completely stamper-built. Smooth terrain is also acceptable, but be careful when converting to smooth terrain because you won’t be able to undo the conversion.

β€’ Tip: You can make your place even cooler by utilizing some meshes (especially since there is the ability for you to create them) or use CSG modeling.

[[For Scripter]]…
β€’ Show off your own Lua scripting skills to the best of your ability!

β€’ Use little-to-none free scripts. Meaning, you should do your best to stay original to your own scripting skills.

β€’ You should script something not necessarily too complicated nor too simple.

β€’ Script anything but be creative! If needed, here are some nice free ideas: ferris wheel, car, bike, lever, open/close gate, in-game systems, etc.

β€’ You may use animation(s) but they are not required. There are definitely no limits to creativity!

β€’ All types of scripts are permitted: normal Scripts, LocalScripts, and ModuleScripts.

β€’ Tip: Depending on the content of the game (and its type), you can also add a cool data-saving system or even some ROBLOX audio.

[[For Graphic Design Artist]]…
β€’ If submitting an image, you should attempt to make it HD (it makes it look better with less pixels shown).

β€’ Some ideas include (but are not limited to): retextures, GUI designs (can be uploaded as a model), ROBLOX artwork (can be uploaded as a Decal or can uploaded to Twitter), clothes design maker, skyboxes, ads/thumbnails, etc.

β€’ Tip: You can use Paint, GIMP, PDN, Photoshop, or any other coloring program to assist you in designing things. In any case, you should try to stick to .PNG (which allow transparency) or .JPG/JPEG image files. Stay creative!

==π’π„π‚π“πˆπŽπ 𝐈𝐈: π‡πŽπ– π“πŽ 𝐆𝐄𝐓 π‘π€ππŠπ„πƒ==
You may sometimes get the rank automatically if you already are known for your developing skills. At times, the CEO and Co-CEO go through members

If anything, when you complete your submissions for either Builder/Scripter/Graphic Design Artist, you may message CEO Alexrocks911 or Co-CEO IciFlame with a link to your place(s)/model(s)/submission(s). Work hard and try to impress!

==π’π„π‚π“πˆπŽπ 𝐈𝐈𝐈: 𝐐&𝐀/πˆππ…πŽπ‘πŒπ€π“πˆπŽπ==

1. β€œCan I use the starter ROBLOX place templates?”
    You probably shouldn’t since they’re pretty much already done for you - try to stay original.

2. β€œWhat if the CEO is on vacation?”
    In that case, it will be announced and the Co-CEO and Creative Director will be in charge until the CEO’s return.

3. β€œI’m new, how do I start developing all this stuff?”
    You can start by checking around the useful features of ROBLOX Studio and seeing how it all works and slowly making progress in understanding how to build/script. You can also check out helpful tutorials online or at the ROBLOX Wiki (http://wiki.roblox.com/).

4. β€œCan I use the group wall to promote my place/groups?”
    No, but don’t spam either. However if you have a good reason to promote stuff like that, be sure to ask for permission from the CEO/Co-CEO to do so (otherwise your wall post would just be deleted). Please stay easy to work with, in a respected & professional way.

5. β€œSo no free models are allowed at all…?”
    Well they are allowed, but we ask that you try to not use them and to use little-to-none. Decreasing the use of free models pushes you to be independent in developing & shows originality/creativity. Creativity is always excellent!

Also, you can free to gather idea(s) for short/long term developing projects since they are possible with the Team Create option in ROBLOX Studio.

Join today if you haven’t already!
If you ever need quick easy building/scripting help… you may message me or our Co-CEO, IciFlame. We’ll be glad to assist you. However, you can also check out some helpful tutorials/explanations on the ROBLOX Wiki, RbxDev Forums, ScriptingHelpers, YouTube, etc.

In case I, CEO Alexrocks911, ever get banned or anything, my alternative account 1x1x1x1isBACKorc1 will be the temporary CEO of TRGD.

Our HQ is located at: http://www.roblox.com/TRGD-HQ-place?id=111295292

NOTE: On the public roblox forums, there were originally two forum posts - one for the handbook and one for how to get ranks. But in this updated version, it was all merged into one.

[[[LAST UPDATED: December 05, 2017]]]

Thanks!
~The ROBLOX Game Developers (TRGD) CEO/Founder Alexrocks911

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 1 minute. New replies are no longer allowed.