Tri-count of CSG parts

Quite simply, I think it’d be a good idea to add a read only Property of CSG parts, that display how many tris in the selected union.

This has definitely been suggested before, a useful name would be PolyCount, but I can’t see a use case?

a use case: to know if you can squeeze one more union in or if you should continue with a new union.

This should just be a member of BasePart then. That way you could do a.Tris+b.Tris<2500 no matter what a and b are.

This should just be a member of BasePart then. That way you could do a.Tris+b.Tris<2500 no matter what a and b are.[/quote]
It would have to take meshes into account, because you can change the number of triangles in a part by adding a sphere or cylinder mesh.

This should just be a member of BasePart then. That way you could do a.Tris+b.Tris<2500 no matter what a and b are.[/quote]
It would have to take meshes into account, because you can change the number of triangles in a part by adding a sphere or cylinder mesh.[/quote]
You can’t CSG meshes so there’s really no point

It would have to take meshes into account, because you can change the number of triangles in a part by adding a sphere or cylinder mesh.[/quote]
You can’t CSG meshes so there’s really no point[/quote]

you can CSG any mesh that isn’t a FileMesh/SpecialMesh>FileMesh

You can’t CSG meshes so there’s really no point[/quote]

you can CSG any mesh that isn’t a FileMesh/SpecialMesh>FileMesh[/quote]

Indeed, and it is a great feature indeed. When I want to use cylinders for CSG, rather than using a brick of type ‘Cylinder’, I just use a brick with a CylinderMesh and CSG so that the cylinder’s size doesn’t have to be proportional. Works great.