Trying to add user friendliness to my Speedrun Info system

Greetings! I am creating a Speedrun info system, telling people how much time they need to get to get certain number of stars. Currently, this system seems a little confusing to certain people. What would the best way to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I think coloring the stars bronze/silver/gold would help represent the quality and challenge
It might also be clearer to reorder them from 3 to 1 stars, and have them read “Under 1:30”, “Under 3:20” and “3:20+”

1 Like

Your solution of re-ordering makes it look better, but I went for a different approach for the timing.

And yes, I will figure out the coloring in a little bit.
Coloring it makes it look messy in my opinion. I could possibly make stars a currency.

2 Likes

If I had to nitpick, the icons look a little too similar/vague. If making them bronze/silver/gold was out of the question, maybe try making the 2 and 3 stars look even flashier so it’s clearly the more important goal?

Personally I can’t see how it would be confusing, so any issues I could see with this would just be entirely nitpicking/trying to squeeze even more detail in where it’s not necessarily needed.

1 Like

i agree with what @/cpguy5089 said. the icons are hard to differentiate. if you stylised them a bit by giving the stars different rotations or something, these will look a lot less similar and therefore make it a lot more easier to understand what they’re for.

you have some space for a heading. maybe you could push the stars down and put some text under the line to briefly explain that these are the times you need to get to receive more stars…??

if you dont want to add a heading, simply write “1 star”, “2 stars”, “3 stars” under the text. it’ll be a lot more obvious to the player that those are the times they need to win.

2 Likes