Trying to follow a friend into a VIP server doesn't work

When you attempt to join a friend in a game through the home page’s friend tab, if they are in a private server (that you also have access too) you will get an error saying You do not have permission to join this game (Error Code: 524). However, if you click on the game, go to the “servers” tab you will see you can join your friends private server.

This bug happens everytime, the steps to reproduce are:

• Go to the Roblox Homepage
  • Get your friend to join a private server - that has Friends Allowed enabled.
  • Attempt to join that friend through the home page’s friend bar, as shown in this screenshot.

I’ve tested this multiple times - it’s not a game-specific issue, it is site-wide. The expected behaviour is that it lets you join your friend through the home page. Rather than needing to click on the game & then manually join the private server.

Here is a video to show you the bug:

PC Information
Microsoft Windows 10 Home x64 (Build 18362)
Intel® Core™ i3-7100 CPU @ 3.90GHz, 3912 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

The bug has been happening for quite a few months, I cannot remember when it started.

4 Likes

Hello,

Thanks for reporting this bug. We are in the process of fixing this.

3 Likes

Please let us know if you see this issue again.

1 Like

This happened once a few weeks ago, not sure if it has been fixed as I have stopped playing. Just thought I’d let you know incase this error still persists.

A friend told me that they weren’t able to follow me into a game with slots.

Not sure if these two are related however they aren’t on devforums so sending this here.

2 Likes

This is happening to me. I am trying to join directly from the servers tab as well as the VIP server link.

Hello,
The problem is happening to me in 2022, I can’t join to any experience in the other servers / vip servers section.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.