Trying to learn Scripting!

I’m trying to learn how to script! Does anyone recommend any forums or YT videos that might help me? :hugs:

1 Like

AlvinBlox

He makes many nice video

If you don’t like watch videos you can see Roblox Wiki

Okay! Thanks. I’ll watch his videos to see if they will help me.

1 Like

I recommand AlvinBlox and TheDevKing. I also recommand learning from the dev forum , posts that made by the Roblox team (API references etc.)

alternative when you still not understand : TheDevKing

Too many shotgun posts like these, consider using search function to find topics like these:

3 Likes

Hi future scripter,

There are many ways to learn the basics of scripting (and harder levels)!:

1. You can use the community tutorials category (#resources:community-tutorials) on the Roblox developer forum, there are plenty of information that will help you succeed in your scripting. There are tutorials on there that explain the basics of scripting. I recommend checking this tutorial out: Guide on the basics of scripting.

2. As others have said above, you can also watch youtube tutorials about Roblox Scripting. If I remember correctly, there is a beginners scripting playerlist on AlvinBlox’s channel which you can also start watching! However, you should try avoiding copy and pasting the code, that isn’t how you learn, instead you should find a video that explains each part of the code.

3. If you need help with your script (such as why it isn’t working), don’t be afraid to use the help and feedback category on the Roblox developer forums as other developers will help improve your script and solve that error!

4. If you are stuck on an API, Instance, or anything like that, you can view the Roblox Developer Hub. This is a powerful tool and will help you in the future when you are scripting, as it can explain what each thing does, such as the properties of an Instance.

Anyways, good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you for all of the details!

1 Like