Tweens not playing on Client Side

Alright so basically I’ve made a system that takes in a player input, fires it to the server and then fires it back to multiple clients in order to perform Tweens, the data that gets fired back and forth returns fine and has no notable issues.

The issue instead is with the things tweened.

So the things that are supposed to get tweened are created on the client and then later fired in a OnClientEvent function using a RemoteEvent, all of the other bits of code within the function work fine but the tweens that are created within the function don’t play for some odd reason.

Altered version of the code I mean for simplicity

local TweenInf = TweenInfo.new(0.25, Enum.EasingStyle.Linear, Enum.EasingDirection.Out, 0, false, 0)

local Finish1 = {CFrame = CFrame.new(CommandBlock5Position)}
Tween1 = TweenS:Create(CommandBlocks.JumpBlock, TweenInf, Finish1)
Tween1:Play()

In the actual script there are about 5 tweens but you get the idea.

Additional info on the context of the situation:

• In a LocalScript in StarterPlayerScripts
  • CommandBlocks is a model copied from ReplicatedStorage and put in the workspace
  • CommandBlock1Position is one of the position values for the tweens to use
  • The back and forth stuff is done with a RemoteEvent inside of a script instance which is on the server in the workspace, however any values sent to and from it return what is expected, those being a string for a rotation value that’s used for the ordering tweens and a integer that’s for the same purpose.
  • The tweens are declared prior to the back-forth with temporary values in order to let them be cancelled when need be
  • The tweens not working is not a result of the client-server back-forth
  • The tweens are declared properly as tweens, they just don’t play, and I know they don’t play since they returned no changes in position value internally or visibly.

Figured out the issue to my problem, turns out welds impact CFrame tweens if you are trying to tween an object that is welded to another object.

1 Like