Typing in the script editor is extremely slow in macOS

This is the monitor I’m using (x2) https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-ultragear-27-ips-led-qhd-freesync-and-g-sync-compatable-monitor-with-hdr-displayport-hdmi-black/6401809.p?skuId=6401809

Does it have a P3 wide color gamut display?

Man, I regret upgrading to Big Sur.

1 Like

Why so? Is it because of the script editor issues?

I’m also having this issue on both of my macs and the script editor lag is unbearable. Almost impossible to get any work done.

Extremely frustrating, please do something to address this asap.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/spindump/990128

Happens on an empty baseplate.

This happens 100% of the time.

Have you tried doing this in the meantime?

1 Like

Hello,
Again, this issue has struck me.
I was able to solve it on my old MacBook, and I do know how to fix it.
But I want to know Roblox if you need anything from me before I do fix it.

Still having this issue for over a year. On macOS Big Sur, latest studio update, no beta features enabled.

I’m able to reproduce this 100% of the time.

It makes developing impossible.

In the video I typed fast but it took the script editor time to catch up.

1 Like

Does switching 3D view tab or display Studio on built-in display can solve the issue in your local?

2 Likes

Hi Developers,

When you are facing this issue, would you help try switching 3D view tab can solve issue in your local? It seems there are multiple issue here and they are OS version specific, we are trying to narrow down each of these issues.

switching 3D view tab

2 Likes

Just returned to the store today out of frustration and picked up a Windows PC, sorry that I’m unable to assist further.

I’ve never had a real positive experience using Studio on OSX (10.13 - 10.15). Runs slow to buggy to crashing all the time, at least for me this is what I saw. Windows 10 is definitely the way to go IMO.

1 Like

You can make script outside of roblox then copy paste it

1 Like

If only Roblox actually worked well on macOS… :pensive:

No, switching back and forth does not solve the issue. The only solution that has worked for me is changing my display colors from the default iMac colors to one of the sRGB presets.

I’ve been using the Generic RGB profile for the past few months, can’t look at a normal screen ever again.

The quickest solution for this issue would be to change your color profile. Go to Systems preferences > Display > Color > and try other color profiles to see if the script editor lag is reduced.

I’m using the latest updated MacBook Pro and changing from default Display profile ‘Color LCD’ to ‘Apple RGB’ or ‘sRGB IEC…’ seemed to have worked. Luckily, I have a monitor which I do most of my coding work on.

1 Like

I would recommend changing it to sRGB for better color accuracy.

I would never use the RGB preset after using the sRGB preset.

1 Like

I thought this was just happening to me. I experience delay by about 2-5 seconds when typing anything in script windows and always takes a second for Studio to recognize that I am in the Studio window for me to start moving around. I can switch tabs to another app and come back and hold W and it won’t move for a second.

I am running Studio on a 2017 iMac Pro
CPU: 3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W
Memory: 32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4
Graphics: Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB

@ElijahAppleUser seems to have the perfect fix for this, although I am unsure of the workaround’s compatibility on other devices.

1 Like

Are you talking about the color profile fix?