Ugh_Lily's Admin Panel [Open Source] [updated]

I have no ability of knowing what putting three sets of quotes around something means. I’m just letting you know this bares pretty much no resemblance of Material, coming from someone that is an absolute nerd over modern UI design and has executed it several times in Roblox before. The textbox is about 10% there, that’s about it.

I would recommend you take a look at material.io, as it provides pretty the entire spec to create something identical.

2 Likes

I made a quick update to make the group rank checking system use @SimplyData’s GroupService API.

3 Likes

Nice admin panel but… I heard private modules will be going away soon its a shame.

1 Like

Thankfully, I made this with that in mind. No private modules on here.

3 Likes

Wow, this is very useful admin panel. Clean UI as well as very organized coding. Looks awesome!

Thanks! I’m not sure about organized coding, it’s kinda clunky, but it works. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Updated the code more. Now I’m using material tweens instead of Quint, as well as InputBegan instead of MouseButton1Click.

4 Likes

@howmanysmaII

Is there any way at all to stop it from appearing every time your spawn? It’s rather annoying for people who can’t use it. And people who can use it.

If there is a way or you need more detail, please reply or contact me via Marshall#8212

2 Likes

Honestly I have to say that this really looks and functions well. I love the smooth and sleek feel to the UI and also it’s got some manditory functions which are useful in any case. I’m looking forward to updates and seeing more of your work. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

What do you mean? You can see how to set it up like that in this file.
HiddenPanel.rbxl (68.4 KB)

4 Likes

Is there a way to make Logs? I’m wondering if there is.
Sorry if this has already been asked.

Strange. I tried this on an alt account (which wasn’t an admin) with the hidden panel and it still let me use it?

Do what I did. Write a script which makes the GUI visible to certain group/ranks. I can send you the script if you’d like.

-The_Marshlet

1 Like

It’s alright I got you, thanks. I never thought of doing that haha.

1 Like

For anyone trying to make this only visible to admins, you can add this code to the bottom of the server script (with the gui as a child).

local function addGui(player)
    if not player.PlayerGui:FindFirstChild("AdminPanel") then
        local gui = script.AdminPanel:Clone()
        if not AdminCheck(player) then
            gui.MainFrameHolder.Visible  = false
        end
        gui.Parent = player.PlayerGui
    end
end

Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
    addGui(player)
    player.CharacterAdded:Connect(function()
        wait()
        addGui(player)
    end)
end)

Edit: Updated so all players can now see announcements

Edit: Updated so it works with ResetPlayerGuiOnSpawn unchecked

4 Likes

Mad Lad. Thanks man. This will really help us all. Lotta love!

Wait. Doesn’t that script make it so only Admins can see Announcements too? @Sublivion

Thanks for letting me know. Corrected my code.

You’re most welcome man! Thanks!

2 Likes

I’ve tried the suggestions people have been posting here, it did work but I’ve messed something up and now It’s not working for me, would you be able to send me a model or place file with the way you set it up? I’d appreciate if you could! :smiley: