UI Design Feedback

About

Hello! I’ve been interested in getting into UI design for a while now, and finally took the time to create my first UI. I am looking for feedback on how I can improve my skills, and potentially go on to sell UI’s to people.

How I structured it

I structured this UI to fit the simulator genre, but I am looking to expand past simple design in the future. How can I improve? Is there something I could have done better? All feedback is appreciated.

11 Likes

Just an idea, not saying you have to do this, but you could totally shrink down the shop text, and add multiple category pages, having similar items in each page.

You have a really nice UI to start off with however I would modify a few stuff. Firstly, I personally make guidelines, to clearly distinguish and make sure that every window in the UI is consistent, for example, a button should look a certain way in contrast to an icon, a title should be font X at size Y and Color Z, a scroll bar should be a certain shape, Color A, etc… A great example to go off is the Material Design Guidelines, I follow it for certain UI designs, while I make my own custom guidelines for others, but similar in format on how Material Design does it. You can find it here: Components – Material Design 3
Secondly, I recommend it to be consistent, like it dosen’t feel like two seperate UI designers who designed the same UI, for example the scroll bar could be more harmonized into the design.
Other than those two points,
I think you nailed it, good job!

2 Likes

Shrink EVERYTHING down.
You should not be aiming to build a room the size of an aircraft hanger; you should be aiming to build a room the size it needs to be, not too small nor too large.

• Shop title doesn’t need to be underlined.
  • Shop title doesn’t need to have so much “white space” (more like blue space) around it.
  • Your shop list is misaligned. Notice how there’s more space at the top than at the bottom.
  • All of your buttons are far too large. Even for something like an iPad, they’re far, far too large. At least halve their size.
  • The shop list items can be reduced in size. Try fitting 5 columns in there, or if you widen the menu itself due to the increased space, go for whatever feels right in terms of a desktop game. The smaller, the better, but ensure that each item is clearly distinguishable.
  • There’s a tonne of unused space on either side of the shop’s title. Perhaps you could use this space better.
1 Like