UI/UX feedback?!

Currently am working on this UI. I made it from scratch and it took me like 2 days.
1 day to sketch up the UX and to design it in roblox UI system
and 1 day to setup the animation pipeline and to actually animate it and to make it work!
I made it for my second commission.

18 Likes

I love it! It’s super cool and futuristic, I couldn’t make it if I even tried :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This looks incredible, animation really makes a difference. Once thing you should do is make the opening animation of the UI faster, players want to see that menu now, not a couple seconds later. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Very clean transitions! However, I feel the font is a bit all over the place. I’d recommend sticking with 1-2 fonts at most. Another thing is the page selector. The icons are a bit small, maybe an arrow key or something similar might be a good addition. Other than that, great job!

1 Like

The only thing that’s bugging me is the button.

The beveled gray part looks really out of place, was it suppose to be a drop shadow for the button?

1 Like

it is cool you worked hard on this

1 Like

That looks very good! Like Puppy Ryan said in a reply is the beveled gray part looks out of place, and also I would make the gray part animated when you hover over the button or add like a drop shadow to the button (maybe a border too?) Overall looks absolutely amazing!

1 Like

omg its amazing, Would love a little more colour or maybe some transparency so it looks like a hologram but its amazing

1 Like

Yoo this is CLEANNNNN! Nicely done.

1 Like

Yes but this menu is a bot menu which means it won’t be accessed frequently through out the game.

Yeaa I tried to make a drop shadow there. How do you think I can improve it?

Any ideas on how to animate the grey part? Any examples? Thanks for the feedback btw :sweat_smile:

Thanks everyone for the nice and constructive feedback. It’s really appreciated! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You have to change the ZIndex of the drop shadow to something lower than the ZIndex of the main button, then offset the position.

You could just use a regular MouseEnter event to tween the position of it to for example, make it bigger on top of the already-tweening background colour.

1 Like

Ohh I missed that. Thanks for the great advice!