Unable to create badges

I have been attempting to upload a particular image for an in-game badge, but every single time I attempted to create a badge this is displayed:

tKKLtZq

I have uploaded the image as a decal to make sure that uploading images works. This doesn’t add up, in my opinion.

What I don’t get is that the image is within the correct guidelines for a badge image - 150x150 and using the template required.

Tempting_Fate

I’ve attempted to upload the above .png multiple times since yesterday. I don’t know whether it is my antivirus or if the image itself has issues (this one was saved in 8-bit bit depth). Searches through the Devforum and the Wiki only bring search results from before the move from web uploading to Studio only.

Thanks for any help in advance.

5 Likes

I’ve had this issue with a .png file. Just try duplicating the picture and uploading that one or redownload

0 Likes

Since Roblox seems to not recognize the image due to its lack of transparency, I’ve decided to attempt to upload another version of the image with a transparent ring around the actual displayed image.

Tempting_Fate2

I doubt that this will work, but it’s worth a try, I suppose.

Update: It didn’t work either :S A buddy’s attempting to upload it since it refuses to upload on my end.
Update 2: It didn’t work on my friend’s end either. I’m suspecting something’s wrong with my image.
Update 3: The same friend also found out that Studio was using the entire filename of the image and causing it to not be uploaded as a badge at all. If that isn’t a bug, I don’t know what it is anymore.

2 Likes

Reported here:

If the solutions in the thread don’t help (change bit depth of the png) then add onto that with your repro cases.

4 Likes

how do u do that? i don’t know how to change bit depth. I hire ppl to make these designs and idk how to use paint

1 Like

You can use i.e. https://www.getpaint.net/ and it has options available to change bit depth upon saving.

3 Likes

still not working and i tried all conversions

0 Likes

Try saving it as a JPEG and uploading it again

1 Like

I did and still fails

2 Likes

Unfortunately, it seems that badge uploading in general is broken all around.

I would throw in a report but sadly I’ve no permissions to do so, so I suppose I’ll just have to wait. :confused:

0 Likes

Make sure you have builders club I think thats needed and etc.

0 Likes

According to this Developer Hub article Builders Club doesn’t appear to need a requirement in order to upload badges. As demonstrated in the provided images I did have the funding to put in a badge.

2 Likes

Email Roblox Support at the offical website or use the bulletin board it says in the new devfourm we could do that possibly.

1 Like

A full member just got around to reporting this:

In the future, if you have an issue like this and you think it is a bug, use the post approval procedure described in the rules.

4 Likes