Unioning a Part with Surface Materials turns into SmoothPlastic (and cant change it back), how do I fix this?

Sorry if the title didn’t make sense, I didn’t know how else to write it lol. I’m also not sure if this is a bug or if I am doing something wrong, and I would show a video but idk how to

• What are you attempting to achieve?
    I’m trying to union a part with and for it to stay studs after it unions.

• What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible. When I union a part, it turns SmoothPlastic, and it stays like that even after me putting all the surfaces to studs and with UsePartColor

• What solutions have you tried so far? I tried using UsePartColor and putting all surface materials after to studs but it didn’t work still.

Sorry if some stuff doesn’t make sense, I don’t really know how else to say it.

2 Likes

Note that I won’t respond to comments until tomorrow because I made this topic at 10 pm.

The properties in a union change based off of the first selected (I think) part. So, try making sure all the parts that are being unioned have the surface materials of Smoothplastic before you union them. (Also I don’t think UsePartColor applies to surface materials.)

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try this out later.

I don’t really understand what your saying. Do you mean that it will change to studs after I union it or something?

When you create a union, you’re unable to change the color and surface afterwards. If you want to change it from smooth plastic, separate it, change all parts to what you want, make it into a union again.

1 Like

After I make it to a union the 2nd time its still smoothplastic.

That’s because Studio doesn’t allow it.

2 Likes