Universe teleports starting new servers when not necessary

Players that should be teleporting into a server that isn’t full are teleporting into brand new servers. My player limit is set to 200 and I have the fill option set as fill to capacity.

Probably around 5-10% of the time.

Occurs on www

Unable to provide photographic evidence as it’s a bug reported through my community.

It is a universe bug, has occured for the past 2 years ish.

It’s more common for non-US players, but has been occuring to US players lately. It happened with new and old fill settings, as stated here: Option to turn off starting separate servers before reaching capacity

1 Like

I think Fill to Capacity was intended as a preference with respect to reserving slots for friends to join a server.

Why is it problematic that players join new servers? They’re most likely joining servers that are much closer to where they live so that they have lower ping.

The purpose that I’m using a universe for is a league, and there’s usually only about 30 people in the server (of 200) when this occurs. Considering the server isn’t even 25% of the way to capacity is sort’ve awkward.

Unfortunately our community base (of around 1,000 active players) is mainly American, though we do have probably about 5-10% of players from elsewhere.

Before, I didn’t report the problem because it only happened to one person and it was on a much smaller scale. I’d actually avoided turning my 24-game group into a universe specifically for this reason.Obviously I could take the path of allowing players to join their friends or sending each servers info to the hub, but that’s an extra step for something that I think could be solved here.

You realize there isn’t a difference between a universe and a game right? A universe is a game. And a game is a universe. You can have multiple places under one game, and it’s still considered a universe. But generally whether you have 5+, 1, or 2 places in your game… it’s still a universe.

Are you teleporting players to specific servers and they are ending up in other servers despite it not being at capacity?

I’m aware that there’s not a difference, but there is a difference when you change it from being 24 individual games with 1 place to 1 universe with 24 places inside of it.

I’m not teleporting them to specific servers, mostly because I’d assumed that using the “Fill each server as full as possible” setting would handle the rest.

1 Like