Unlock before being able to equip

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I’m making an FPS game and I’d like to make a Big Paintball style store with the “Unlock” then equip

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I can’t figure out how to make it so players have to spend in-game currency to Unlock the tool before being able to equip it. I have a working equip and I know how to make it take away your currency when purchasing.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I’ve searched YouTube, I’ve searched the DevForum but I’m having issues finding any discussions talking about such a thing. It’s probably quite simple but I can’t figure it out.

You would want to make a persistent check of some kind. This could be a BoolValue located somewhere in your game. For example, you could put a BoolValue named “Weapon1Unlocked” in a folder for all of your unlockable variables.

In this example, I’m creating a folder and using your Player.UserId to remember that these variables are for your unlocks:

Once you have unlocked Weapon1, then you can set:

game.ServerStorage[“User_418261263”].Weapon1Unlocked.Value = true

Now, if I want to know if you have unlocked Weapon1, I can check if Weapon1Unlocked.Value is set to true.