Constraint Chassis

Yeah this is not working at all :frowning: Wish there was more documentation

1 Like

What do you mean by whole thing fliping around?

Edit: i was able to repo it ill try and get a fix on it

Edit2: I was able to fix this by

Positioning the axels and ReSizing the "Wheel"s

4 Likes

This picture helps tremendously. Thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I hate to bother you again but I need more guidance. (Taken from my other thread)

Repro: https://www.roblox.com/library/3058063306/Work-Van

I’m trying to make a work van but every time I turn (at higher speeds), it spins out of control and glitches.

I’ve tried randomly adjusting the constraints, re-positioning things, changing the weight of parts, and more to no avail. It would be helpful if someone who understood constraints could explain what I’m doing wrong :slight_smile:

1 Like

The damping was way to high this is my fault for keeping the default damping at 1000 , ive set it to 250 and it works fine VanForPun.rbxm (26.7 KB) , OP is also updated to have the default damping at 100

2 Likes

I really appreciate you looking at it. This is a great chassis when I have my head wrapped around it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My chassis can run circles around this one.

Literally…

For real though, mine’s pretty advanced, if anyone wants me to try submitting it here I could consider it.

No offense intended though :stuck_out_tongue: This one handles good enough! I just still believe it can be improved. Particularly in the suspension and friction areas. You can fix it purely with CustomPhysicalProperties and changes to the SpringConstraints.

9 Likes

I’d say make a new thread with yours including details of your chassis, documentation, etc. :wink:

1 Like

That’s what I mean by

Submitting it to #learning-resources:community-tutorials-resources

1 Like

That was a very quick response right there. :eyes:

However, cool!

1 Like

Yep, I get live notifications!

In preferences:

Feel free to PM if you want to discuss non-Constraint Chassis things though :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, of course! :joy: I have it on already. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m impressed by both of the chassis. :+1: It’d be awesome if you can submit yours too, but either way both of you guys demonstrated a good resource!

4 Likes

Mine is currently here if you wanna mess around with it

3 Likes

i just made a basic chassis for people to get started with and learn with it , i did not want to make it too complex else people will just take it and not learn anything about it . there is no fun then thats why i made it simple

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, this is great, but you can make it better without making it any more complex. Just change the Stiffness, MaxForce and Damping of the springs and it could be much better. I’m just offering my two cents.

2 Likes

It works for my friend, but as soon as I get a car it dosen’t work. I cant drive nothing happens.

1 Like

is there any warnings on the output?

1 Like

ice_screenshot_20190424-010403

When I jump of high ramps and touch the ground, it sometimes results into wheels being like broken. How could I fix this?

1 Like

Add limits to the PrismaticConstraint that stop the spring from going the other way

3 Likes