Update/Renovate Sets

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to effectively organize various developer-created assets.

This is what Sets were previously used for, but have since been neglected.

If Roblox is able to address your issue, how would it improve your game and/or your development experience? Please be as specific as possible.

If Roblox were to address this issue, it would allow freelance/product developers to organize their products based on what they’re for, which would allow them to share product lines faster and easier. Sets are one of the few objects Roblox hasn’t updated in some way, and I think it’s time that changes.

29 Likes

Definitely would like to see a return of sets. I used to use them a lot back in 2014 to organize my creations.

5 Likes

Yes please!!! Sets were such a cool and useful feature that unfortunately just aged badly. If the idea can be redone; perhaps where they are integrated in the framework of catalog items, in that you can take a copy and view it in your inventory; I think it would once again be a practical, productive feature that would be of great use to developers and casual users alike.

2 Likes

I wasn’t a decent developer when there were sets, but now I want them back. They were great! I’m working on a game with @Mightty, Kindoodle, and @Zeumus that uses a lot of animations, so I would love to put them in sets. You know, and then organize hem into subsets.

1 Like

I would like Sets a lot, but what I alternatively would like, is the ability to organise my inventory more. For example, adding subsections to my models such as “Weapons”, “Characters”, “Clothing”, “Landscape”, “Furniture” and so forth.

3 Likes

If private sets were implemented this would be simple.

1 Like

Exactly.

Sets were never removed, they’re just really out of the way.

Reaching sets:

Develop > Sets

4 Likes

I’m stupid.

Haha, no you’re not; however, the fact that they’re so obscure is definitely a reason to look into renovating them!

1 Like

Agreed!

As I understand, aren’t they practically non-functioning nowadays? I don’t think you can add items to them anymore (though I might be wrong).

1 Like

No I don’t think you can add things to it, but there is still a page dedicated to searching for sets.

https://www.roblox.com/sets/lists.aspx?m=AssetSets&q=

It could also be extended to clothing and other items. Ex: A line of clothing based around 1 specific style(special shoes or something).

2 Likes

I would love to see these come back! Even better, I’d love to see more functionality added to them. Mass configurations, collaborative sets, group sets, and maybe an API? Plugin:GetPlayerSets()? Set:Search()? Set:LoadItem()? The possibilities are endless.

3 Likes

That actually seems like a really good idea if sets were to be brought back.

I can see a lot of potential and use cases for an API dedicated to sets.

2 Likes

Sets are very useful; would love to see them renovated and fixed to actually work again

I still use them, and actually just subscribed to one this morning. One thing that could change in them would be the removal of set limits (because apparently, you can only be subscribed to a certain number of sets) since organization is noice.

Support.

3 Likes

I’m coming to a point of my development for my new game where I could really use this for organisation.

1 Like