Batch Commits for Collaborative Editing are now available!

We enabled multiple developers to work on scripts together with Collaborating Editing just before the holidays. We had some extra work to do to support batch operations.

Now, we are back to let you know you can work on multiple scripts at the same time!

Ready to try it?

1. Make sure your game has Team Create turned on
  2. Navigate to Game Settings > Options and ensure ‘Enable Collaborative Editing’ is on!
  3. Re-open the place in Team Create
  4. Edit scripts as you normally would and they will show up in the Drafts widget
  5. Select multiple scripts, right-click and select Open Draft / Compare with server / Commit / Discard Draft as you normally would with a single script- that’s it!

Note: Merge is still available but applicable to one script a time.

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 10.36.51 AM

74 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 14 minutes.

Hey! So this is cool, so I went to tryout out and uh:

https://gyazo.com/5fcdf2c91e03d29e2003de1c2c59c6f1

When I tried to publish the game.via Team Create, it did not work! And I tried turning it on with a published game, and this happened;

https://gyazo.com/fe7df049604f629a208f4b2882b3e44f

So I can’t test this out because I can’t enable team create, should I file a bug report? Or is something that I am doing wrong?

EDIT: Oops, I guess it just wasn’t working that time, I restarted studio and it seemed to be working again, lol.

heh, where is that?

3 Likes

Can’t wait to try it out!

Personally, I think that this is a great addition to the platform and would really help people collaborate more on scripts.

1 Like

Game Settings is located near to the Play button on the Home tab.

1 Like

When the editing together with other players, will be live? Like you edit and they edit, and you see all changes live? Something like this:

It’s from glitch

8 Likes

The system they’re using is trying to imitate Git, an established, popular, pretty good, well used technology.

glitch is none of these things.

7 Likes

There was discussion about this in the original script collab announcement:

While this is nice and all, an experimental real time live editing scripts feature would be a blast. :ok_hand:t4:

1 Like

Please add back the commit on close feature with the old team create. I honestly hate the drafts because I publish and test the game and am like “why is the new script not here???” because I forgot to commit.

edit: I just found out you can turn it off in game settings.

6 Likes

Can compatibility for a select all Keybind please be introduced?

I have lots of configuration scripts that I sometimes need to batch edit. It’s just another pain point to have to click to highlight each one, and then batch commit. It’s definitely an improvement in workflow from before, but this still makes it significantly more difficult to use than the alternative.

1 Like

Umm… Mine is not working. I tried using shift, control, option, and command. I’m on a macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6.

Hi @IAmPinleon - shift and command should work for continuous or specific selection like you expect on Mac. Can you please log this as an issue?

1 Like

It works now. Don’t know why it wasn’t before!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.