Update to Developer Forum Entry Process

A very useful and much needed update. Minimizes delays and increases efficiency a ton whilst also giving new developers the opportunity to become a part of this community. Overall a great update.

10 Likes

Yeah the old system definitely had to go, that thing was backed up to the stone age. I believe this system, with fixes that people are bringing up in this thread, will be a much easier way for fully legitimate potential devs to get support and contribute to the roblox community, and get better at what they do.

12 Likes

I guess it’s time I compile all of the requests and move them

5 Likes

If you’re volunteering, that would be very kind of you.

5 Likes

Old system definitely needed to change, for now this will suffice but it definitely should and probably will be developed further in the future.

6 Likes

I always do. If you’d like, you can see some of my past articles on less serious topics (like this one on development fatigue), but I would appreciate help from all of you guys if you’d like to create a group PM between all parties interested.

4 Likes

As Ive noted before. Personally I hope that member requirements are kept just like they were. Just a middle stage rank added so people can take a look and thats reasonable if it would be automatical

5 Likes

I’ll PM you on here if you’d like to add me on discord and we can pinpoint the exact posts without doing repeats.

6 Likes

I am willing to start a new thread with all the positions, bugs, possible exploits, etc which we found here.

5 Likes

That sounds good, but I think we should all cooperatively do it in a devforum PM. It’ll make the work easier.

4 Likes

Sent both of you a friend request over discord. If anyone else is willing to help, you can add me fly#8523 :smile:
EDIT: Sorry for the reply to the thread - this was a big mistake, my bad.

5 Likes

Can’t use discord over the school WiFi. See the devforum PM I created

6 Likes

I believe thid has been a thing for some time, right? As my entry approval was due to my activity instead of my application.
I have much believe in this process and I am sure it will be helpful for many developers as I myself got my automated approval after about a year of using devforum constantly.
Thanks for you efforts!

5 Likes

Hello, everyone.

I want to say my opinion about this update because i think that it isn’t as good change as we could think.

First of all we need to remember that there are still better developers that needs sometimes help from other
advanced devs, DevForum shouldn’t just support those starting devs but also it should support devs that already created games for roblox community. It’s nice to see new members and people who wants to achieve success and develop thier passions but now DevForum has so many new members and pretty much of them just starting using Roblox studio this means that those devs who are veterans in creating games doesn’t really gets any benefits from this update.
DevForum was pretty prestigious forum so if you was hiring someone from this forum then you knew that this guy must be enough skilled in developing. Right now almost everyone can get into this forum without any knowledge about developing.
So after all i would love to see more benefits for Full members rank that will help us and that’s pretty much it.
(Thanks Developer Relations Team for your work on this update)emphasized text

Also Welcome everyone who is new on RbxDevForum i hope that this forum will be useful for you ^-^

14 Likes

Glad to see this, it took me 100+ days to get into the devforum since I applied and I felt as if I was just ignored

8 Likes

If an advanced developer posts a question about an advanced topic, I imagine that only those with knowledge in that subject will reply. An influx of new members doesn’t necessarily remove advanced developers from the forum; if anything, it brings more in. Many new members that I’ve seen are very experienced in what they do.

I don’t see how redesigning the joining process of the Developer Forum to be more extensible and fair could positively impact current members no matter what decision is made. This is more about those who aren’t already in the forum as opposed to those who are.

9 Likes

I do like this new change. I will probably be more attentive to the new system of New Member to Member promotion. It used to be Member was the only role and therefore anybody who applied before a certain date automatically had that role. I’ve been a New Member for over a year and have been consistently active, gaining solutions and yet have not been “noticed” by the Lead Top Contributors. To me it feels as if this section of the process needs to be standardized.

8 Likes

I don’t know how I feel about this update as a whole since in this thread we have already seen a non-developer make their way into the forum. But my hopes aren’t too low on the chances of the system being tuned better.

On a more exciting note, I hope this brings more inexperienced developers to participate in #development-support. Back when I was first learning to script, the scripting helpers forum was a very valuable resource when making Google searches for problems I was having. My hope is that more members means we can speed up how quickly #development-support:scripting-support will become as valuable as (if not more than) scripting helpers was.

7 Likes

I know what you mean but right now communication between advanced developers is much harder because of the amount of new members that creates pretty much topics.
DevForum was pretty prestigious forum so if you was hiring someone from this forum then you knew that this guy must be enough skilled in developing. Right now almost everyone can get into this forum without any knowledge
about developing.

8 Likes

I’ve seen a few of the hiring area posts that are like “if u make me this large amount of things i need i will give you 35 whole robux”

7 Likes