Updated process for achieving "Regular" on the DevForum

Yes! This is awesome! It is nice to know that there’s a system in place now. I think that this will make it much simpler to obtain full member status.

119 Likes

Thank you so much for this! The system needed a change, and this provides some helpful incentive. Also, never seen a thread gain likes this quickly :laughing:

82 Likes

Welp, this is great! Now we know at least how being automatically put into Member status works, thank you for this!

48 Likes

Happy to see the membership process mature! Great job DevRel :grin:
It will be interesting to see how this automated feature evolves in terms of traffic for the next Members.

73 Likes

Divine. I am so so excited for this.

33 Likes

Good to know! It was kinda strange that nobody* got promoted, so it’s nice to see everything outlined in a quickly-reference-able location! Thanks :slight_smile:

*technically, 3 people got promoted, but pretty much nobody :stuck_out_tongue:

8 days later edit: I should have made a “so that’s how I got here” joke smh

44 Likes

The new member automation was accompanied by several other changes in response to the massive influx of new members and it seemed as though it was poorly planned out. Do we have a guarantee that won’t happen this time?

49 Likes

This is great, I was really confused on how this process worked since the automatic new member ranking.

25 Likes

I was actually waiting for a system like this. I got a infraction 2 months ago for saying “Agreed” and I got an infraction again just like 7 minutes ago eventhough I thought my post was related to the topic . Will it effect my promotion?

27 Likes

Honestly, I feel that this change is pretty good. Before this change, I didn’t really know how a promotion to Member was granted, but this change makes the whole promotion process much more transparent, which is always a better thing. Thank you Roblox admins! :smile:

26 Likes

The requirements are some orders of magnitude more strict and diverse than the New Member criteria.

41 Likes

This is great. As a New Member, there’s now a bit more clarity for me on how I can attain the elusive “Member” role :slight_smile:
I look forward to learning more from everyone on the forum. Thanks!

28 Likes

It is awesome to see the DevForum beginning to grow and giving more developers more access and privileges to the forum.

20 Likes

hopefully in order to get member status, the requirements aren’t as low as the New Member status was.

21 Likes

Time for a massive spike in activity.

37 Likes

If you’ve been previously striked and that strike has long expired, will that still influence the automation process all together? What exactly decides if a moderation is outdated?

18 Likes

This is brilliant! Now more new members can get the chance to become a full member!
You guys are the best!!! :wink:

20 Likes

This is fantastic, now more developers will try to achieve a promotion, meaning that more and more people will be spending more time on the devforum everyday!

13 Likes

That’s good to hear. We’re you and the other LTCs involved in deciding what those requirements were, or was it purely DevEng?

17 Likes

Nice! Loving this! Great Job! :woot:

12 Likes