Updated process for achieving "Regular" on the DevForum

Nice! Loving this! Great Job! :woot:

12 Likes

Like they said, only 50 New Members automatically got in, it looks like there’s gonna be pretty high requirements.

16 Likes

Your moderation history on the forum affects your eligibility and may prevent automatic promotion.

If you have a really lengthy moderation history on this forum (not just strikes but also feedback received / posts removed) you will have to wait until you are manually reviewed.

16 Likes

I believe a post like this will have some consequences that are going to plague the New Member heavy areas. I mean, I knew this was coming eventually but telling the New Members there is an automated way to move up and saying it has to do with activity means people will be eager to make posts, even if they’re nearly meaningless just to promote. I know they likely won’t get promoted but that still doesn’t change the fact that behavior will become more rampant and therefore will make the forum a less enjoyable atmosphere in “New Member Areas.”

21 Likes

This will be beneficial for not only the New Members, but also the whole majority of the Developer Forums

10 Likes

Strikes expire after 3 months. We take that into account.

16 Likes

How do I know if I have lengthy moderation history?

4 Likes

Thanks, this makes the promotion from New Member to Member much more smooth!

8 Likes

You will know, lol. If you’ve been receiving PMs from Staff that say “Regarding your post” and then detailing how you broke rules, and you get those A LOT, then you’re in “Lengthy Moderation History” territory.

10 Likes

If someone posts spam/off-topic they will be flagged. If this is agreed with by a moderator, it goes on their moderation history. If they have a long enough moderation history, they won’t be promoted.

Basically, if a New Member posts nonsense just to be promoted, they won’t meet the criteria.

You can’t, sorry about that! This is not something DevRel will expose either.

16 Likes

Love this and love seeing that being in the forum as Member can still be special, but alittle easier to get promoted! Glad to see this and hoping to hit the criteria soon this might mean I will have to start topics with getting my other numbers up.
:heart:

9 Likes

Looks like I was one of the 50 illusive previous new members to become an official Member of the DevForums. I support these new criteria, as I was wondering for ages as how to get promoted. The procedures for getting full membership are now fair and obvious with good reason.

I can’t wait to see who else got promoted alongside myself, I wasn’t expecting it to be fair.

If you just got promoted as well, reply here as I’d love to know!

59 Likes

Is there a reason my own moderation history on the devForum isn’t public? Seems like it should be something I should get to see.

3 Likes

This is splendid! This will surely help us out becoming Members! I have a question though, if I were to welcome New Members, would this help the bot notice activity? I’ve been recently greeting New Members to the forum and I am just curious if giving them a warm welcome is a healthy step into this new system.

4 Likes

I’m not insinuating exactly “spam” level posts. I’m pointing out like, just look at this thread so far. All the “Support” kind of posts you’re seeing, where nothing meaningful is added. They aren’t wrong to post that kind of stuff, and likely won’t get flagged for it, but it’s kind of “pointless” to post some of that kind of stuff. And then there is people who will go into Dev Support threads & just re-word someone else’s answer (and sometimes the OP gives the re-worded answer the Solution tag) and stuff like that.

12 Likes

LTCs could only suggest members to the moderators responsible for the promotions. This is quite disrespectful to be suggesting things like that…

17 Likes

New members have access to the majority of the forum, some categories accessible via the post approval process. Being a member really only saves you some minor tedium / delay.

18 Likes

With the rapidly advancing userbase, I suppose it was due for an update.
I like this, cool!

4 Likes

I recommend reviewing the rules.

4 Likes

The post approval process is what got me to essentially quit using the forum due to how nitpicky the LTCs are. They’d rather waste everybody’s time telling me to make minor changes rather than letting those in the target category deal with it.

Note that adding more restrictions does not make the situation better. The moment someone tries to use the lenience they used to be given, they get shot down by the LTCs. I’m not even allowed to make any jokes in my posts. It’s depressing. This forum is a lot less friendly than it used to be; just look at all the people replying to my posts with ‘read the rules’.

2 Likes