Upgrade Groups!

As a Roblox developer it’s currently impossible to sustain a good group community because of a lack of updates towards group functions.
If Roblox could update their group system it would not only benefit the community as a whole by providing accountability and definitive raid stats to war clans, but also a more organized way to find and join groups of all types. It’d also be a great way to increase the revisiting rate of many players as they would have reasons to come back and more incentive for staying online longer. Being a part of a community and playing a game can be two different things, but by updating the group system and interface we could make it a lot more accessible to everyone.

Here’s a few ideas I would like to propose to fix the group system.

1. Categories.
    -Make it like it is with games so that you can search for Military groups, Sci-Fi groups, Fan-Groups, Dev-Groups, or a combination of those things. People have interests, cater to them!

2. A better raiding system for war clans.
    -Give groups a feature that indicates how many raids they’ve won/lost/tied. Scripts would determine these and moderators would need to be chosen from the community to make sure this system is not being abused.
    -Roblox could sponsor official raiding models that works VIA scripts to affect the win/loss/tie ratio. They could set specific stats for it like, “Terminal needs to be at least 60 studs away from both teams.” If the game detected that there was something wrong, it would notify the developer in game or in studio saying, “This game will NOT be officially raid-able until you fix the following errors…”
    -This next one might be a stretch, but it’d be cool for Wars to actually have pre-determined requirements for one side to win. Groups could get into a war with other clans by sending a request to the other side for review, saying something like, “To win this war we’ll need to win at your base 10 times, and defend against you guys successfully 10 times. All done within 10 days or less.”

3. Better communication tools.
    -Simply the option to send a message to the inbox of whoever is in the group would be useful when group shouting.
    -Channels for different ranks or a combination of ranks so that ideas can be passed around among certain ranked members, like if you’re a super fan rather than a regular fan you get access to a code that gives you a special gear in game.
    -For war clans, a flashing red exclamation point on the Groups sidebar when raids are going on, so that reinforcements are notified to come help. Click on the Red exclamation mark and boom it takes you right to the game or group that needs help.

17 Likes

Elaborating on the

I think it would be sweet if you could send messages directly to specific ranks in the group as well. In war groups (or even groups in general) it makes sense oftentimes to send messages reminding your admins and higher ups through PMs without having to individually PM each person.

4 Likes
cc

This is quite limited, IMO.
I believe, instead, groups should have access to a service similar to DataStore that stores information not from the universe, but from the entire group.

This could mean things like wins/losses could be stored, as well as other pieces of data that other groups/the same group can use for extra feature.

There should also be a widget option with a simple script assigned to it that can take information from the group DataStore I mentioned above. This would allow for things like randomized messages, win/loss displays, etc. to be on a special, visible widget on the group’s page.

This isn’t a very good idea; Roblox shouldn’t be making content for us, they should be adding features and the like. However, that said, it would be nice to have a big FE-compatible template of group places (not limited to war clans!).
Personally I think that should still be UGC - just with the special model tag good models get (which is discontinued, so we’ll have to wait for the new version as well).

Yeah, I think that is a bit of stretch :wink: There’s a difference between … powering imagination (sigh)… and limiting what clans can do. Plus this is wholly towards the war clan community, which isn’t great for PR, and is just a waste of resources.

Like I said, some sort of widget would help. There could also be some sort of inter-group contract/widget thing, but that would be a bit weird to implement and use IMO.

Otherwise nice lol

3 Likes

You may want to check out this thread:

3 Likes

I doubt that they’d add group categories considering they just removed game genres, but anything’s possible I guess.