Uploading in Studio is a pain

Is it a long list?
Studio updated yesterday (well, today, but the update is from yesterday) and I still have the issue.

We’re working on a few software upgrades that should either fix this or let us fix this. It’s a long project though, I’m afraid.

How long is long?
It’s still happening and just replacing the .dll still fixes it.

1 Like

Weekly bump

1 Like

We’re actively working on a few upgrade projects. That said, we want to complete them one at a time to make sure we know what causes new problems when we encounter them.

1 Like

I’m running into this issue as well. Takes a good 4 seconds to even load any “Publish As” page, whether it’s for animations or places.

1 Like

You’re lucky it’s 4 seconds. For me it’s well over 10-15 seconds. It may be based on the amount of places you have.

2 Likes

Any updates on this? I timed it and it literally takes me literally 60 seconds to upload over one of my existing animations. 30 seconds to load the list of animations, 30 seconds after I click on the one I want to upload over.

5 Likes

After spending 2 minutes publishing to a new place, clicking the “Next” button froze studio for another minute.
(luckily I can still fix it by replacing the QtWebKit4.dll myself, which makes me wonder why it takes so long…)

We’re almost finished with the new software update. We’re waiting on being able to deploy and test it on a test site before sending it through a release process. We want this to be as painless for our users as possible, which is why we’re being so careful with it. Once this new update is live, we can get this webkit replaced (please bare with us, it annoys us just as much).

8 Likes

Alright, cool. Glad to hear you guys are working on it.

1 Like

Any new progress?

The current plan is to start slowly rolling it out at the start of next year (Don’t want to accidentally everything over the holidays).

Keep in mind you’re making an assumption here that is “this fixes it for me, it will work for everyone else” which is unfortunately not how computers work.

I’m assuming if that file could be updated with zero repercussions for any users - it would be done :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I had several people say it works.
I still haven’t heard of any (good or bad) side effects though.

I am one of those people. It DRASTICALLY decreased the browser lag I get when publishing.

Update: The new backend will most likely start being rolled out after the new year. There shouldn’t be any user facing differences yet. However, we’re already investigating webkit and discussing options on what to do with it.

2 Likes