[URGENT] My script works in a game but not in another!

Yes, this is in #help-and-feedback:platform-usage-support and not #help-and-feedback:scripting-support because this script does work, the issue is just that in some game it doesn’t.

So I have been using this script:

local GameId = "0" -- Put in your game id in the brackets.
function Touched(Player)
    local FromChar = game.Players:GetPlayerFromCharacter(Player.Parent)
    if FromChar then
        local TeleService = game:GetService("TeleportService")
        TeleService:Teleport(GameId,FromChar)
    end
end
script.Parent.Touched:Connect(Touched)

The script teleports to another game when a part is touched.

In both of my games I’m using it to teleport to another place inside the game. In one of my games, it does perfectly works and teleports to the place, but in the second place, it gives me “Error 769”.

I usually get this error when trying to teleport in Roblox Studio testing, though here it also happens by normally playing!

The game is only available to be joined for people with the “Tester” or higher rank in this group, but it’s private. In this case I use the script to simply teleport to a side place, just like in the other game.

Did anyone else have the same issue and how have you fixed it? Help that’s urgent!

Have you tried tweaking this setting in Game Settings? It’s under Security.

1 Like

Well it’s not a third party if it’s inside the game, yes? I’ll try that though, thanks.

Actually the problem was that it was simply the wrong ID, so it was sending to another place that isn’t under my place, and it was giving this error because I didn’t enable this.

The problem was simply I didn’t use the right ID.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.