UserInputService.ModalEnabled = true no longer disables mobile controls

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed this internally and we’ll follow up here when we have an update for you.

6 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

3 Likes

Yes it is still happening to me

Can agree, I was trying to do this (before i was on devforum) and it didn’t work. Has been an issue for months.

Thanks. When i get more info on this issue i will pass it on.

1 Like

How has this still not been fixed?

This property, unlike advertised, does absolutely nothing.
There wasn’t even a single reference anywhere in player module , which I had to annoyingly fork to figure out how to disable it manually.

This is a pretty annoying issue because even if you manually disable the TouchGui , the mobile joystick still captures input for some reason

8 Likes

What more info are you looking for exactly? ModalEnabled hasn’t been working since the player scripts overhaul (over a year ago now) and it is severely impacting the workflow of me and many other developers. As developers, we now have to rely on crude and unnecessary workarounds to get the functionality that should have been restored a long time ago.

4 Likes

This is negatively affecting the mobile experience of our game.

6 Likes

This is negatively affecting the mobile experience of our game.

4 Likes

We’re going to be forking the ControlScripts as it does not appear this bug is going to be addressed in a reasonable timeframe, or at all.

It’s been nearly 4 months since this bug was reported.

3 Likes

Hello? When can this be fixed, do I just stop all of mobile players playing? Around half of roblox users are on mobile, I find this an issue that should’ve been fixed months ago.

1 Like

Sorry about the long wait everyone! A change has been checked in to fix ModalEnabled and is expected to go live next week. We’ll update this thread if there are any changes :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Hi everyone! Quick update - this fix will go live next week and I will confirm in-thread once it’s live. Thanks for your patience!

11 Likes

Hey, I think this should be on an announcement to warn developers. This has been broken for a long time and people have likely enabled it by accident in that time. Fixing this without warning may break games. It would be more responsible to announce when this will be fixed so developers can scan their games for instances where this property is improperly set.

10 Likes

Any updates on this?

Will the fix be out before Friday?

1 Like

Hello everyone - apologies for the delay, but we are planning on shipping this a week from today (so Thursday June 3rd). I’ll caveat this by saying this assumes our regularly scheduled releases go out as normal, if there is an issue we will have to post-pone until the next release. We will post here again when the fix is live or if there are additional delays. We will also monitor the release closely to ensure experiences are working correctly after we turn this on. Sorry for the delay, but we are committed to fixing this issue and appreciate the feedback everyone has given.

5 Likes

More info here (link fixed):

1 Like

That page is private (for me at least) or does not exist.

Same here.
Go to: LIVE NOW: Mobile Controls Toggle Fix for ModalEnabled + Upcoming Deprecation

My bad - updated the link. Cheers.

1 Like