Users are unable to whisper more than once to a user

Description
When users on mobile, tablet, (iPhone/iPad) or PC attempt to use private/whisper chat in-game, only one of their messages go through. Any sent after this appear to not be sent.

Repro
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/556990018145615894/828076796896608266/video0.mp4
If the video doesn’t load, a reproduction is simple.
Join a game on mobile (it’s occuring to me in these two games)
Send a whisper message to a user.
Then attempt to send another to the same user.
I am using an iPhone, and I am getting reports from many users in my community this is occurring for them as well on both iPads and iPhones.

Edit:
This post was originally made with specific mobile devices listed, but I am now told that this problem extends more than to just mobile users. Same repro steps can be followed on PC/Computer to yield the same result!

12 Likes

This is a problem with the Lua Chat System in general, it’s not device-specific. The device doesn’t really have much of a factor in the chat system beyond the sizing of UI elements. I’ve encountered this issue while playing on a computer device as well.

2 Likes

I had this happen to me too. I thought I got muted. This happened when I whispered to someone.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! The issue is being investigated.

5 Likes

On top of this, I’ve had cases with people who I’ve been testing this with, albeit not myself, where they are unable to send messages at all after this issue occurs, even in the All channel. This is becoming pretty detrimental for my game, which is pretty focused around the chat system, so I do hope this is fixed soon.

2 Likes

For me I can’t even private chat. It just breaks.

1 Like

Hello! This should now be fixed! Please let us know if this happens again!

2 Likes

Hello! Can a user block someone else whisper? If not something is amiss. The game is pet simulator and here a chat output. Sorry I am french speaking, lol.

This is just to report the problem has occured again.

Thx.

Stay Creative.