Using Discord for Promotion

I’ve been developing a game alone for a while, and I haven’t created a discord yet because I haven’t seen the purpose of creating one. Recently though, someone suggested I create one for promotional reasons. How important is creating a discord, and when should a developer create a discord for their game?

4 Likes

Obviously, yes!

It’s the best possible way to interact with your fans, chat about the game and share ideas, learn about announcements and upcoming updates, and reporting bugs for the game.

Currently my game is super early in development, and I don’t have any fan base whatsoever. When does it become a necessity to create one though?

1 Like

Whenever you want really.

I would personally create it before the game is finished, so people can get notified about your game and get hyped for it, share ideas and suggestions on how to improve it, etc.

That’s what I did.

1 Like

Just a note, I’d recommend moving this to Development Discussion, as I don’t believe this is the right category for this kind of post

A discord is very useful for you to interact with your fans and show them what you’re working on. On top of that, you can do game nights and etc… with your fans too. As a whole, in my opinion, discord is very useful but it’s an option. You choose if you get one or not. I recommend you do. I am willing to help you set it up.

Please make sure to post in the correct category, or contact us at @Lead_Top_Contributor if you can’t find the right category to post in.

As you can read here, Community Resources is meant for different purposes:

Every category has a pinned “About …” post that explains what is appropriate to be posted there.

I will be closing this thread since it is not appropriate for Community Resources.

1 Like