Using roblox web api with python

How do I use the roblox web api in python?
I am not a web developer and most likely will never be, I am simply curious about how I would use it.

Specifically, the authentication api right now.

I tried sending a password reset email to an email address, and it worked using the request box on the api website, but I tried doing it using the python requests library but I don’t know how.

2 Likes

I only code rbxlua, NodeJS, and HTML/CSS, but I can try to guess at this.

I’ve used ROBLOX api for Javascript since it returns values in JSON, https://api.roblox.com/docs

There’s probably some sort of python package or whatever thing Python uses out there that converts JSON to whatever storage type Python uses, similar to HTTP JSON Decode.

I can’t speak for Python, but I have done this with C#. You just follow the API documentation to a T and send your web requests then when it returns JSON data you can see the default response and use some sort of custom json separation method. I was lazy at the time and just used a method to separate name:" and ", then grab the string between.

Hope this helps,
Made_You

I’m just pulling this from the Roblox API server that I’m in for roblox-js and noblox.js but for Python libraries, have you tried robloxlib, pyblox, or robloxapi?

1 Like

I’ll go take a look at them, I was just trying to do it with requests library because I wanted to do it using a website that you can create python code with, and those libraries aren’t on it.