UI Tools: The All-In-One Interface Design Solution

UI Tools v2.1

Install | Theme Editor | Report a Bug

Features

• unit conversion with support for 6 different properties,
  • an easy-to-use anchor editor,
  • a properties widget with custom colors, gradients, and quick action buttons, such as fast scale,
  • over 8.5K+ unique icons in 7 size variants with Pixelfix pre-applied,
  • an extremely customizable plugin interface.

Why UI Tools?

Most of these days, you see a lot of UI plugins advertising their scaling features. However, I have never been satisfied with this part of these plugins.

A comparison between AutoScale Plus and UI Tools

AutoScale Plus

161d45d7525f67259b630ef31b77b981

UI Tools

7f1239ee43417d7cac3694a03c2c0121

Icons

The thumbnail is self-explanatory. There are over 8.5K icons in this plugin and they all went through Pixelfix, which removes the dark outline all resized images on Roblox have.

Themes

I love this feature, and I’m sure you will too. This feature lets you customize the plugin interface by importing a JSON stylesheet.

Creating a Theme

If you don’t want to create a theme by editing a JSON file, I made a theme editor for you.

Here’s a video showcasing it:

97 Likes

Amazing work! Makes it way easier to use this plugin and has many cool additions.

4 Likes

Man…
Gotta get used to the new UI

Also Inkscape better than free trial Photoshop :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Nice. I love the new features compared to the previous ones, especially the additional conversions, the properties editor and the styling customizations. Although I wished you kept the Fast Actions section (especially Remove Background, Remove Border, & Fit Parent since that’s what I use the most :sob: ).

Other than that I’m not sure I’d take a liking to using dropdowns (especially for position and size) to change modes in the Conversions since it makes for a slightly less quicker switch. Perhaps maybe in future versions, the plugin can detect what conversion can be used depending on the current selection. (like if a user is currently selecting a Frame then it will only show bot Size and Position offset & scale buttons, and if UICorner it’ll just show Scale and Offset since the only thing you can convert is the corner size etc.)

Keep up the good work!
Cheers :smile:

7 Likes

Oh god.

I like the new features, but could you incorporate them into the old UI? I feel like the old UI was much friendlier.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t this be in resources?

2 Likes

No, it costs money and is not open source.

2 Likes

@fivefactor has a showcase on interface tools, it costs 500 robux, and the showcase is on #resources:community-resources

2 Likes

That isn’t allowed, the person should move their topic once it isn’t free/open source anymore.

1 Like

I think you’re referring to the interface tools plugin. This is clearly allowed since it was made when paid plugins were allowed on the resources page (they seem to have changed the rules without notice).

There’s a bug with the topic’s image. Do I really need to DM?

I somewhat like the UI, but the text where you switch from Position to CellSize in the video is not enough. The anchor editor’s grid should also be customizable to an extent.

A gradient creator, preferably with some gradient presets would be nice to include (if not already).

Here's a gradient that I use

goodGradient.rbxm (620 Bytes)

2 Likes

I thought the image would get fixed by itself. It does seem to work just fine on my phone, though. I will try fixing it.

About your suggestions, I did plan to make a video for each feature. I understand that a gif is just not enough.

I will also consider adding gradients and re-adding some features from the old quick-actions feature.

Right now, making an easy way to generate themes is at the top of my priority list. I will be working on additional features a little bit later.

1 Like

yes i’m referring to interface tools plugin

1 Like

Hey! I appreciate you updating the plugin. However, this update makes the plugin feel slow and less useful. I think you should roll back to the earlier version and consider what is really important, speed and usefulness.

1 Like

I will leave the old version of the plugin below. If you liked the old one more, use it instead. I will still be updating the plugin, though.

UI-Tools (1).rbxm (40.5 KB)

7 Likes

Didn’t know they changed the rules.

2 Likes

TIP: Use Paint.net instead, install a few plugins, and it has all the same features as Photoshop

edit: its ‘https://www.getpaint.net

1 Like

I didn’t know which tools I should’ve kept, remade, or removed because I don’t collect analytics. That’s why I will make a poll here.

What tools from the ‘Fast Tools’ category did you use the most?
  • Transparent Background
  • Remove Borders
  • Fit Image
  • Fit Parent
  • Custom Layout

0 voters

Should ‘Fast Scale’ also scale the text? This will insert a TextSizeConstraint into every TextLabel/TextButton and enable the TextScaled property.
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

What tools from the ‘Presets’ category do you want to see in v2.0?
  • Gradients
  • Class Conversion

0 voters

You can also suggest your ideas for new tools.

1 Like

Hello, The new update is pretty good, But I can’t hide the Background Transparency anymore, and if you can add Fast Buttons to the Anchor Editor that would be fire.

2 Likes

Also, The Class Conversion was pretty helpful.

2 Likes

So a bit of feedback with the new version of this tool. Having the Scale/Offset for size and position be separated behind a dropdown menu is really inconvenient and slows down work flow by quite a lot (especially if you frequently need to change settings), you could argue that fast scale is the solution but I don’t always want an aspect ratio in my UI, and not always do I want to scale both at the same time either.

You could also argue that the dropdown is required because of the different scaling options, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible to just have the plugin adapt to your selection, I shouldn’t have to tell the plugin what I want to scale.

Also going to miss easily adding an aspect ratio whenever I need one without it having any ties to other properties ;-;

2 Likes