Vanilla 3 - The pragmatic icon set for Roblox Studio

Roblox really needs to add these, their current outdated icons are so bad, this looks so much more minimalistic and clean.

20 Likes

Im gonna check this out, you should make a tutorial on it if you havent already.

6 Likes

I remember you showcasing these on Twitter asking for feedback. Great design and I appreciate the efforts!

How long did it take you to make these? What was the motivation for designing the icons the way you designed them? What inspired you to name the project Vanilla?

:slight_smile:

11 Likes

These textures are beautiful! I love them! Definitely going to be using them all the time!

6 Likes

This is really cool! Iā€™m surprised that you made this free.

5 Likes

Thanks!

Iā€™ve been working on them on and off since the 27th of August, when I first started my studio redesign project:

The icon style just grew naturally out of the requirements and the way I design icons personally. With icons as small as these, thereā€™s no room for extra detail and complex organic shapes tend to get blurry and imprecise - thatā€™s why lots of the icons are highly simplified with distinct edges and angles.

Originally, the icons were all black and all white; I introduced colour as a way of making it easier to distinguish icons from a distance. After early feedback, I made them more prominent until the palette got to where it is today.

Most of the rest of the design is down to stylistic choices and preferences on my part :slightly_smiling_face:

Itā€™s in reference to actual vanilla! In my mind, this is like a ā€˜basicā€™, almost ā€˜defaultā€™ kind of icon design. Also I might just really like vanilla.

12 Likes

So do I use the Roblox studio mod manager?

6 Likes

Itā€™s supported (and Iā€™d recommend using it for convenience!), but if you want, manual installation is also supported :slightly_smiling_face:

Youā€™ll get installation instructions for both methods after you download the icons!

3 Likes

I only got the icons folder. Is there supposed to be something else?

5 Likes

There are full instructions

7 Likes

Your ZIP file should look like this when itā€™s downloaded:

ModManagerIcons contains all the icons for Roblox Studio Mod Manager, whereas ClassImages.png is what youā€™ll use when you manually install :grinning:

5 Likes

How can I donate in robux lol?

4 Likes

Some currently known issues I found:

• The icons for the services VRService, Run Service, RbxAnalyticsService, PointsService, NotificationService, LogService, ControllerService, LuaWebService, CoreScriptSyncService, KeyframeSequenceProvider, InsertService, HttpService, HttpRbxApiService, BadgeService, AssetService, AnalyticsService, RobloxPluginGuiService, ContentProvider, and PluginGuiService are not the Vanilla explorer-icon-0 icon.

• The icons for the instances SelectionSphere, ViewportFrame, CornerWedgePart, TrussPart, WedgePart, Hole, and KeyframeSequence are not the Vanilla explorer-icon-0 icon.

If this could be fixed, it would be really appreciated.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting - are you sure you installed everything correctly? It works for me:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve installed Vanilla via Mod Manager, and so far I have gotten these errors.

4 Likes

Try copying over the files again and see if that fixes it. Also, if you were using other icons before, make sure you deleted those properly (including additional icon slots) :slightly_smiling_face:

If not, try redownloading Vanilla - the ZIP is autogenerated so thereā€™s a slim possibility it might have malfunctioned, though Iā€™ve yet to receive any bug reports.

3 Likes

Great work! I really like the designs!
Wonder if roblox going do some like that?

5 Likes

I do not think it is an error. It is something you forgot to fix or something that slid past.

Anyways, icons 123 - 155 are all the default unchanged roblox placeholder icons.

This could probably be fixed with an easy swap.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s only 123 icons in stock Roblox Studio - those extra slots shouldnā€™t be there :open_mouth:

This looks like an issue with your Mod Manager setup!

3 Likes

Alright, I will be sure to attempt to fix some things.

When I turn on the option ā€œShow Overridenā€, it shows what has been overriden.

Those extra slots could possibly be extra icons for the different services.

Either way, I will attempt to fix this.

4 Likes