I’m not sure if this is the right category, but since it’s mostly physical, I put it here.
The title is self-explanatory.
The chassis that my vehicles use rely on constraints. The suspension uses SpringConstraints + PrismaticConstraints, while the wheels and the steering use HingeConstraints. This problem either occurs randomly while driving or when I press the A or D keys rapidly. I tried changing some properties of the hinge and the physical properties of the wheels, but those didn’t seem to fix it (or maybe I’m not setting the right values).
This is the part of the driver seat script that handles the steering (in a Local script)
driver_seat:GetPropertyChangedSignal("Steer"):Connect(function() if driver_seat.Steer == 1 then --right for i,v in pairs(steer_hinges) do v.TargetAngle = driver_seat:GetAttribute("TurnAngle") end elseif driver_seat.Steer == 0 then --straight for i,v in pairs(steer_hinges) do v.TargetAngle = 0 end elseif driver_seat.Steer == -1 then --left for i,v in pairs(steer_hinges) do v.TargetAngle = -driver_seat:GetAttribute("TurnAngle") end end end)