Version 0.232.0.69914 steals mouse/keyboard input

For the longest time I have been using the extra two buttons on my mouse to enter/leave play solo and run mode in studio. ROBLOX didn’t support mouse buttons for shortcuts, so I set up an autohotkey script to press F5/F8 or F6/F8 when I pressed the appropriate buttons on my mouse. I was previously using 0.231.0.69474 without issue, but recently when I upgraded to 0.232.0.69914, autohotkey was no longer receiving input. If I pressed my extra mouse keys, AHK didn’t know they were pressed (I checked the debug logs), and when I tried it with a keyboard key, I got the same result. The only way AHK wouldn’t know a key was pressed is if Studio were intercepting and stealing input feedback and preventing other programs from knowing about it. This is a no no – don’t steal my input feedback, especially in studio.

1 Like

Or we could just allow studio hotkeys to be bound to mouse buttons

That doesn’t solve the problem. I might have other programs (e.g. press tab to bring up a panel) or other AHK scripts (press F+NumPad1 to insert “function x() end” that would still remain broken if that were the only change made. Stealing mouse input is bad. It shouldn’t happen.

1 Like