[Version 1.1.4.1] Better Roblox Animate Script (R15 and R6)

Sure, I’ll do it when I finish the new version

1 Like

I’ve been looking for something to specifically fix animations not updating in real-time when they’re changed at runtime.

I’d use this but I noticed things like the point / wave animations not playing when running the chat commands.

I’d love to use this if it was fully complete, hoping the new version fixes some of these things.

1 Like

Update 1.1.4

Created place for Better Animate (Uncopylocked), where you can test it

Fixed chat commands not working

Small fixes and code cleaning

Code Optimization

Before:

After:

2 Likes

Does this script replicate the default animations that are overwritten? When using the default animation script, it’s inconsistently replicated.

Do you mean playing 2 animations at once (For example: old walk and new updated walk in real time)?

Answer: No.

This is impressive!
I like the playing animation backwards feature and the change animations in real time.

There are some Suggestions and Bugs I have for you.

Bugs:
  1. When jumping while moving backwards, Animation might play backwards and trigger the fall animation too early which messes up the look of it.
  2. If the humanoid is swimming backwards it bugs the animation out and loops it (Depends on animation)
  3. There are a lot of type checked code bugs that are present if “–!strict” is present
Suggestions
  1. Make a settings module to enable and disable extra features
  2. Use the base of the animate script I will provide for cleanliness and such
  3. Set animations on client and/or server for the benefits that come with it

Animate Script:
CustomAnimate.rbxm (8.6 KB)

Essentially, all it is is just a Animate script that relies on modules and a controller to be more clean and efficient.

1 Like

Update 1.1.4.1

Fixed reversed animations
Removed --!strict
Fixed emote animations randomly can stop playing
Added settings sections (Image below)
Removed folder creating when changing animation in real time

2 Likes

Hello, thanks for bug reports!
About your suggestions, its a good idea, but i currently have no plans for it.
I have an idea in my head about how this could work, and it’s a lot of work for me.

The example you showed is not very good in that all these modules are replicated when the character respawns

1 Like

Your right, but the general idea is just more organization and whatnot.

Good update though! I like it

1 Like