ViewportFrame Release

This, please. A thousand times this.

I want to do a monster book for Vesteria where you can see all of the monster’s models along with their stats and what loot they can drop. Being able to play their idle or moving animation in the book would make it soooooo much cooler than just reference posing.

42 Likes

Yeeeeeee!! Will there be support for a custom skybox inside the viewport gui, or perhaps changing the transparency of the rendered objects (in a 2D fashion)? :smiley:

5 Likes

Unsure if anyone’s asked yet, but when is this planned to go live in production?

29 Likes

I’m also curious. I used viewportframes to implement a shop in my game and I now have to delay my release until they come out. Not that I’m complaining, I still have work to do, but I hope it’s not too long.

12 Likes

Same. My game will be using these too.

6 Likes

Although it’s not that big of an issue, using ViewportFrame’s with OpenGL graphics mode on Mac will cause the client to crash while creating or destroying the ViewportFrame. I say it’s not that big of an issue as I can use Metal graphics to avoid the crashes.

4 Likes

Same again, hah. My game uses them for lots of stuff right now, I’m hoping they get released in good time.

6 Likes

The stretching bug seems to be fixed :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Oof I might have to make a workaround if they aren’t out before the code freeze. I want my game out for Winter break. Some clarification would be nice.

5 Likes

Okay, one more.
I swear once this goes live, there’s going to be a random influx of 3D objects in my projects, since I had added them ahead of time.

25 Likes

Ill ask what everyone already asked - when is this coming out? I have a project set to release the end of January.

7 Likes

Maybe it’ll be our Christmas gift?

7 Likes

CoDe FrEeZe so probably not

3 Likes

The release date hasn’t been decided yet. It can’t be released until all serious bugs (the above crashing bug now) are fixed. So it will be in next year, probably won’t be out before your project release date. Sorry about that.

5 Likes

RTX ON

except it’s not physically accurate

32 Likes

Alright thank you, just needed to know that so I can make something temporary until its out.

I love this but it’s kind of annoying that the original camera properties aren’t easily accessible(CFrame, FOV, etc.)

Roblox seems to delete any camera besides the main camera once you hit play. So in order to get the original properties(for say, rotating around its original CFrame) I have to save it manually

Please let us access these? :smiley:

3 Likes

The issue is that they don’t replicate. They’re not deleted.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/best-way-to-store-thumbnails-for-viewportframe-objects/211900/7

5 Likes

Any ETA on when this is planning on being live?

1 Like