Vote for your favorite feature requests at RDC 2019!

Hey Developers,

We’re constantly listening to your feedback to make improvements to the platform. We want to give you, as a developer community, the opportunity to tell us what you’d like to see next on Roblox!

For the first time ever, at this year’s Roblox Developers Conference, we will be allowing attendees to vote on feature requests in person (San Francisco, London)!

Please note that the voting does not guarantee what features we work on.

So hey, here’s how nomination is going to work: 1) You can either nominate something yourself, or 2) you can support another nomination.

To nominate a feature request, you can either link to an existing Feature Requests topic, or you can use the following format:

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to . . .
As a Roblox developer, it is currently impossible to . . .

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my game / my development experience because . . .

Please be as specific as possible. The focus should be on the problem rather than proposed solution.

To support a feature request somebody else posted in this thread, you only need to leave a Like on their post.

You have until July 19th to nominate or vote on the feature requests.

Please keep in mind that this topic is specifically for nominating feature requests. We kindly ask that you do not reply to this thread with any content other than feature requests in the above format (either a link, or an in-thread feature request). To keep things in order, moderation on this will have to be strict, so, unfortunately, your posts will be have to be removed if they are not feature requests.

We’re excited to see which feature requests our community loves!

Thanks,
Developer Relations Team

70 Likes

I nominate this feature request
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/ability-to-award-self-uploaded-catalog-items-when-players-get-badges-in-our-games/261478/12

87 Likes

Nominating my feature request for exact meshpart collisions and raised meshpart size limits:

84 Likes

Vertex deformation / Armature and Mesh Deformation (They’re the same request IIRC)

71 Likes

Nominating my external API access to MessagingService request.

31 Likes

Selective replication / Replicate items to individual client (Again, same fundamental request)

52 Likes

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/the-humanoids-80-20-features-should-be-ported-to-lua/51911/18

39 Likes

I nominate this feature request for more control over translucency handling to avoid visual errors and improve performance.

The core idea is to give developers a new cutout rendering mode for decals, textures and mesh parts. This would allow you to include transparency in your textures without the depth sorting errors and performance hits associated with translucent textures.
This is especially good news for vegetation like trees and grass, where you’ll see less funky depth sorting and more framerate improvements!

I genuinely believe it could really help out a lot of people across tons of different use cases and may end up being a long-overdue solution to ancient visual bugs and errors, even if only part of it ever gets added! :sparkles:

I go into extensive detail and provide many case studies and extra considerations in the topic below :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

I’d like to nominate this one.

19 Likes

In my case, I am going to turn my bug report into a feature request.

As a Roblox Developer, it is currently too hard to have live-updating data (like game codes). There are methods that work to do this, like OnUpdate, but it being broken requires using DataStores to store the data and the MessagingService to notify the servers to pull the latest data. Using 2 methods instead of 1 complicates the code and relies on 2 technologies instead of 1.

10 Likes

Adjustable side/segment count
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/adjustable-count-of-cylinder-and-spheres-segments/31235?u=novacoepta

20 Likes

I’d be doing the racing community a dis-service to not nominate my thread,

705 Likes

I nominate the following feature request because it follows Roblox’s outlook of making the platform more ‘global’.

41 Likes
  • I nominate being able to change primary and secondary colors in terrain seperately
17 Likes

I nominate my feature request:

13 Likes

Can we get some Uncopylock action going?

32 Likes
68 Likes

You have to trust us. There’s a reason why we want this so much.

54 Likes

I’d like to nominate this Road creation feature. New Road Creation Tools

14 Likes

I nominate this feature request, ZoneService: Custom replication via Zones/Scenes

33 Likes