Guide to Web Development

Woah, this looks well-documented. I haven’t read the entire thing yet, but I’ll bookmark it for any extensive development that is outside Roblox.

4 Likes

Hey guys, I just made several new chapters I think you might find interesting, if you find any bugs with my tutorial or misinformation please let me know so I can fix it!

2 Likes

Here’s an example of one roblox game site using Discourse Forums: https://playvesteria.com/ owned by @berezaa

3 Likes

Do you guys want to learn how to do this? I’m using AngularJS but there is also a Nodejs library for working with the Discourse API (3 Years old) but it does the job.

I connected my website (testing locally) to my forums public announcements.

6 Likes

I have a problem
Permission Denied

If you added SSH keys to your server you need to provide those when you try to log in. If you don’t the server will reject your log in.

If you lost your SSH keys, then you could log in to your server provider and get root access to the server, and delete the SSH keys and enable password login. If you’re unsure how to do this, you should Google it :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

NOOO

My tricks are no more :sad:

good tutorial, haven’t read the whole thing but please, this should probably be on discourse meta if you do talk about html

This is probably the first long tutorial that I actually am enjoying and want to read. Using this might attempt to create a website to store bans and where I can login to remotely ban players from my game, would be a pretty cool project for me as a beginner web developer.

Thanks for the time you put into this tutorial, going to help me very much on the endless journey of web development.

(btw thanks for the bit about a minecraft server! especially interested me lolol)

1 Like

Very recently I found a way to use Google Spreadsheet as a dashboard for managing bans using a MongoDB database.

Basically if you learn how to use MongoDB’s Webhook system, you can create an API to push data it from a spreadsheet. Here is a guide:

4 Likes

This is not exactly what React is or does. React is an open-source library that allows you to build UI using a component-based system. I.e state management and rendering said state into DOM.

This needs way more detail and examples IMO considering that it’s one of the most common things on this platform.

Social engineering is in-general highly underrated but, it’s the easiest to prevent in terms of a company and the cost. As a user, it’s quite simple. Do not fall for scams that promise free things in a world where nothing is actually free and a corporation needs money to operate. Don’t click links that a random person sends you. The list goes on and on. No matter how many times you say this or reiterate the same methodology along with the same consequences, a lot of users will still fall for it.

This is actually a really good starting point for people interested or attempting to gain a footwork in common security practices. Some chapters link stuff but, overall I think that visual illustrations of what happens when you fall for these attacks would be quite helpful.

Reading a bunch of words for someone who has no idea what any of this means in the first place can be challenging to say the least. Illustrations make it much easier to see the flow of a possible attacker and the steps that a user should always take to avoid being compromised.

Too bad none of this is properly taught in school. When I was in school, we didn’t have any of this. Most of it was automated. As you get older and gain more freedom, the internet can be a very scary place. Stuff that you expect can lead to stuff that doesn’t exist. Using a seemingly simple service can lead to the loss of privacy if you’re not careful.

Source: I do security as a living. I see this all the time. Especially on an e-commerce level.

2 Likes