Weird Display Bug with MeshPart Positions - Only Affects Live Servers

I’ve recently been encountering a weird display issue with certain MeshParts uploaded to the website. Some meshes seem to snap what looks like 90 degrees out of place - although this only seems to occur in live games and never in a Studio environment/test. This seems to only affect the game visually as the part’s collisions and true location remain unaffected (as seen by the orange SelectionBoxes inserted).

Here is how the meshes appear within a Studio test and initially in live servers, as intended:

But here is how the meshes appear in a live server as of recent (note the SelectionBoxes):

Note as well that the model in the above image is not rigged. These are static anchored parts. When rigged it distorts the mesh deformation, leading to this:

This bug is consistent and seems to happen every time across any game the meshes are present in. It’s also visible to all clients in the game, not just me. Messing with RenderFidelity has had no affect on it and this very same bug is affecting a couple other of our game’s models too. Interestingly, it does not affect all of our models but I’ve not been able to find anything the affected meshes share in common beyond being tail parts.

What’s especially weird about this is that the meshes being affected in question are not new. They were uploaded to the site around late November 2020, but the issue has only been present for the last couple months or so which leads me to believe it’s on ROBLOX’s end in some way.

Has anybody encountered behaviour like this before?

3 Likes

Hello @Exos_XG thank you for posting this - would you be able to put up a sample place (possibly the one shown above) for us to take a look at on our end so we can investigate the issue?

Thank you!

1 Like

I’ve sent a direct message with the file attached, hope that’s acceptable. Thank you for the response!

1 Like

Any fix yet, I am having the same issue

Is this a new issue? Can you describe the problem you’re seeing? When did you start seeing it and in what places?

@ANDR0ID_29 can you send us (myself and @Sir_Bedevere) some more info in private message with a sample place or rbxl file so we can take a look. The original issue has been addressed, but we would love to take a look at any additional cases that may present.