Weird Marketplace Gui popped out of thin air

So yesterday, I found a marketplace gui that would pop on my screen whenever someone joined the game
Note: My game was working fine until this…
error2 error1
I have no idea why this happened. I have questioned my whole entire staff team and they seem to be having no clue for what is going on. I’ve checked all the scripts in the game they all have no locals for the marketplace service except for that one script that manages all the gamepasses in the game. I’ve also deleted any unnecessary plugins, models, scripts in the starter character, serverscriptservice. This problem continues.

It’s either a script, or a plugin. (Someone inserted a malicious script or someone is using a plugin with a malicious script)

Edit: Sometimes things can be hidden inside of scripts.

try Ctrl H + Ctrl J

-X

If it is then they must have hid it somewhere deep in the game because I am not able to find it.

Ctrl H , allows you to search for words inside of scripts.

–x

Ok, let me try that and see if it works.

1 Like

I did not detect any of the marketplace service. Each script had either 3-10 lines of code or did not detect any “marketplace” in it.

Try disabling 3-party sales in settings.

When I do that only this message pops up. The error is still continuing.error3

Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + F in studio, and search for these keywords:

require
getfenv
string.reverse
loadstring

These are common keywords you can find in a malicious script.

2 Likes

This seems to have worked. I’ve deleted some scripts and the gui stopped popping up!

2 Likes

Thank you for this advise, I’ve found the virus on my game. It turns out RoSync was in my scripts and I didn’t notice.